nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What NOT to Wear for Internships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Not everyone can go out and buy a whole new wardrobe for an internship. Re-purposing and reusing skirts and shirts is a must but not everything is internship-ready! Use this quick guide to know what’s acceptable for an internship and what NOT to wear. 

Party Attire: If you could see yourself wearing it to a party or a club, it’s not right for an internship! Keep an eye out for crop tops or dresses with cutouts- they’re great for a night out, but not the workplace.

Inappropriate Shoes:  Steer clear of pumps that will make you scared to have a run-in with a pebble. Opt for shoes that are classy and sophisticated, like flats, which also allow you to stay mobile and prepared for anything your boss needs you to do!

Crazy Hair: Simple is key- top knots and ponies are fine, but if it takes you half an hour to get all the curls and clips right, you’re not going to make the right impression! You want people to notice you– not your hair.

Heavy Makeup: Think “fresh” and “flawless”. Keep it clean and professional, but if you decide to go for a bright lip or bold eyeliner, tone down your outfit to compensate. 

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.