What Happened to Khloe and Lamar?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Khloe Kardashian, often called the “Ugly One,” in her family is facing the real ugly truth this year. The 27-year-old flew into the media when her relationship with husband Lamar Odom, blew up. First, a much needed recap of their love affair.

Lamar and Khloe met in 2009 while attending a Hollywood party. Shortly after, they began a swift romance and within two days of announcing their engagement, married, all of which was captured on the hit E! reality show, Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Despite the quickness of their intimacy, the couple seemed to be going strong. Moments on their reality show captured their sincere connection. This was no Kim and Ray J.  Khloe often teased Lamar for his candy addiction and getting chocolate stains on the bed (unless he really did have some bladder control issues, but that’s another article).

Unfortunately, Lamar’s sweet tooth was not the biggest problem in their relationship. Lamar, an All-Star basketball player since high school, also reportedly suffers from a crack addiction.

Earlier in their relationship, Lamar was quoted saying that Khloe’s intelligence surprised but also impressed him. If he was so aware of these smarts, he should have known that if Khloe suspected any funny business, she would get right on that. Sources for Perez Hilton claim that Khloe hired a Private Investigator and acquired photographic proof of Lamar cheating on her with five separate women, one of whom, Polina Polonsky, Lamar shacked up with after Khloe kicked him out for his first cheating suspicion. Polina, a not-so-prominent lawyer in L.A., appeared on TMZ, claiming that Lamar was already well invested in his crack addiction when he lived with her. Polonsky also claimed that the addiction got worse after his departure.

Reports have surfaced within the past couple of weeks that Lamar had finally checked himself in rehab, but every crazed photog has spotted him around town. Lamar’s weight has gone down significantly, a sure sign someone is an addict or just has a really good personal trainer. One TMZ report claimed that Lamar’s CVS purchase of copper scrubbers went towards homemade crack pipes. Maybe he just really wants to get the grease off the hotel stove?

Khloe’s online actions seem to confirm the trouble haunting their relationship. Earlier this week, Khloe tweeted two cryptic messages within hours of each other:

“Sometimes you just gotta be your own hero and save your own little heart. Because sometimes, the people you can’t imagine living without, can actually live without you.”

And the most obvious:

“I see the pain in your pride.”

Nobody wants to see such a meant-to-be relationship fall so hard. Listen, Lamar, you’re no Bobby Brown and she’s no Whitney Houston. Get your act together, this relationship deserves some babies and butt implants, not a divorce filled with infidelity and dirty drugs.

Chastity DeLorme is a art enthusiast, writer, and pop culture lover. She currently lives in Boston, MA, finishing up her degree in Film, Television & Interactive Media with a minor in Business.
Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.