Typical College Pedestrians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Ever walk behind a person who made being in foot traffic absolutely AWFUL?  Here are just 4 examples of pedestrians who make your walk to class displeasing.

1. The PDA Pedestrians: There’s barely anything worse than getting stuck walking behind a majorly unreserved couple (especially when the last time you were on a date was your junior prom).  Why do I have to see her squeeze your butt cheek?  Why do I have to watch you play tongue tag?  This is all before breakfast, too. 

2. The Pauser: You know what I’m saying: this person unreasonably halts ever minute or so.  They could be saying, “Hello” to friends, texting, tying shoes.  WARNING: Be especially alert after a weekend or a vacation.  They LOVE reuniting (loud screams and minute-long hugs) in the middle of the narrow, congested pathways.

3. The Human Turtle:  Let’s talk about the experience of walking behind someone ridiculously slow. They’re the worst when you’re in a hurry.  Oh, excuse me.  Oh, sorry, can I get by?  Oh, WHY ARE YOU WALKING THAT SLOWLY?  By the time I get to darn French class the semester will be over.

4. The Robot People: who walk as their phones are embedded in their faces—plain dangerous.  Whether you’re in front of them or behind them, you’re potentially in harms way.  It becomes even more dangerous when you’re ALSO nose-deep in your phone…

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.