Thanksgiving Through the Eyes of a Picky Eater

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Most Americans crave Thanksgiving dinner all year and then when the time finally comes, they stuff their bellies with more than they’ve eaten all year!  However, this works a little differently for picky eaters like me.  I only eat about 3 things and unfortunately they are not part of Thanksgiving dinner. 

Why does it have to be turkey?  Chicken is the much more popular meat of choice.   

I eat everything in stuffing, but I just don’t like it all put together.  It’s weird, I know.  

I love marshmallows, but sweet potatoes…yuck!  

Carrots are one of the only veggies I like, but put honey on them and they lower to the bottom of the list.  

The texture of cranberry sauce is just not for me.  Not that I even like cranberries…

I don’t understand why anyone is willing to eat pumpkin.  It just doesn’t look like something meant to be eaten.  

So while everyone else can’t eat for days after Thanksgiving, I go home with an empty stomach and end up eating Cheerios from a gas station on my way home.  

I am a first-year at Brandeis University. I'm from New York City and am experiencing city withdrawal. In my free time I enjoy hanging out with friends, sewing, watching netflix, doing musical theater, and eating lots and lots of mac and cheese.