samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Study Tips For Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Even though it feels as though yesterday was the first day of class, it is quite apparent that the semester is coming to a rapid end.  Classes are wrapping up, and finals week is approaching.  This is usually a time of increased stress and anxiety. It can be very hard to focus and prioritize schedules.  That being said, it is very important to take care of yourself during this time and make sure you are allowing yourself enough time to get all of your assignments and studying done! Here are a few ways to OWN finals week…

Make lists!

For me, something that comes in handy during finals week is making lists of all of my assignments and what exactly I need to study for.  It is very important to prioritize your work, so write down everything that needs to get done and number them in regards to what order you need to complete them. 

Switch up your study spot!

Even though there are some people who are more productive working in the same place, I simply cannot sit in the same room for hours on end, day after day.  It seems as though I am more productive if I study in different places every day.  Definitely switch it up! This means staying in the library one day and maybe the SCC the next.  

Take breaks!

It is very important to take breaks after studying for an extended period of time.  During these breaks, perhaps you can fuel up, get some energy, or go for a walk.  It is necessary to let your hard-working brains rest for a bit! 

Call home for that much-needed motivation!

Getting a hold of my parents on the phone sometimes really helps me focus.  Your parents are the best source of motivation! No one is cheering you on more than your parents, so definitely to call them when you need them most. That’s what they are here for!

Care for yourself!

The most important part of the process is keeping your body healthy.  That means maintaining healthy eating habits, keeping up with your normal exercise regimen, and overall just keeping your body healthy.  Drink lots of water, get lots of protein, and get enough sleep!

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.