This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

The Adidas Stan Smith sneaker– a global trend with which men and women alike are familiar. The Stan Smith sneaker represents someone who is comfortable, casual, effortless, and streamlined.

“I got my Adidas at the beginning of high school, plain white ones. I thought they looked really cool,” says Maura Koehler ‘19. Koehler got her first pair before the trend spread like wildfire, and has since worn them more often than any other pair.

The sneaker can be paired with virtually any outfit, making it the ideal universal wardrobe staple. However, as it is appealing to so many, there will come a time when other brands take on the classic shoe, reintroducing diversity among the sea of Adidas-shrouded feet.

Not everyone has bought a pair to fit in with the crowd. “I own Adidas Stan Smiths because my mom told me to get them,” says Jolie Abrams ‘19. “They’re really comfy, they kind of look like nurse’s shoes but the comfort is what truly makes me love them.”

Below are some fresh alternatives to the classic Stan Smith, ones that will make you feel like a Superstar (no pun intended) all autumn long!

Clockwise from top: H&M pink trainers; Go Jane creepers; Superga black leather low-tops; Puma pink suede sneakers; Zara blue leather sneakers; Cole Haan tennis low-top