This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Do you ever have those moments when you don’t know what you want to listen to and your Pandora stations or Spotify stations just aren’t cutting it? Pandora stations sometimes just spit out the wrong song or the one song you just don’t want to hear at that moment.

One solution to that problem is Songza! It is a free app for IPhones and Android and there is a website also! If you have never heard of it, the best way to explain it is your own personal DJ. When you open the app you are given a bunch of options for what you are doing at that given moment. Depending on what you pick it gives you more options for a playlist to listen to.

If you don’t like any of the choices listed on the front page or they don’t match up to your mood, you can click on moods and choose one. You can also click on the right activity and it will give you more options. Some of them have better playlists than others but overall Songza is on track with matching up your mood to the music. There is also a choice for decades. If you are feeling music from 2000’s or from earlier years you have a selection. They also have a wide selection of genres that will give you more options! 

This personal DJ on your phone will not fail to please if you are in a certain mood or are in the mood for a jam you haven’t heard in a while. 

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.