Sara Goldman ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2013

Hometown: Marlboro, NJ

Major/minor: Politics, Legal studies and environmental studies minor

Tell me about your involvement SDT!

I’ve been a part of the sorority for three years and I’ve held numerous positions and it’s taught me how to work well with others, and budget my time well.

What is your favorite SDT memory?

I love making crazy costumes for mixers, because they all have such crazy themes. I’d have to say my favorite one was the army themed party we had.

How did you get involved with Rent the Runway?

My friend Emily was talking about the organization one day, and it sounded really interesting to me so I asked how I could get involved! I was the PR representative, so I got the word out to all those Brandeis girls out there in need of dresses.

What thing did you do at Brandeis that you’re really happy you did?

I studied abroad this past summer in the Hague, and it was honestly one of the best experiences of my life. It made me realize what I want to do with my life, which is study international law.

What’s a distinctive part about one of your majors or minors?

For both of my minors, internships are required to complete the program. For legal studies, I went abroad to the Hague, and this year I am interning at the Office of Energy and Environmental affairs.

Wow, so cool! What’s the best part about Brandeis?

Everyone’s awkward and not afraid to show it!

Are you looking forward to finishing school?

No, It’s honestly really scary to think about graduation, and I’m going to miss seeing my friends everyday and just being at Brandeis. I think most of all, I’ll probably miss the Usdan cuisine.

Favorite TV show: Friends/Law and Order SVU

Favorite Soundtrack: “I love it” (Because I’m a 90’s bitch)

Favorite Waltham cuisine: New Mother India

Favorite weekend activity: Going out with friends

Looking forward to about spring: Sitting on the great lawn with the sun out

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.