Rachel Weissman ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
Year: 2015

Major/Minor: Double major in HSSP and Bio, Double minor in Chem and Sculpture 

Hometown: Wynnewood, PA- right outside Philly

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?

Rachel Weissman: I am really involved in Waltham Group, I am a Blood Drive Coordinator, a Big Sister, and I am one of the Budgeting and Steering Representatives (B&S). I am also a designer for a liquid latex piece and I spend a ton of time in the studio working on my pieces (I am in a show on 12/10). 

HC: How long have you been involved with Waltham Group? 

RW: 4 years for the Blood Drive Coordinator Position, 1 year as a Big Sister, and about 6 months for B&S

HC: What is the main job of someone on B&S?

RW: B&S is a huge job so a lot of the responsibilities are split between me and my co but a lot of the work is shared, we have 20 programs run by over 70 student leaders who oversee over 800 volunteers. I’m in charge of the money, our weekly Monday Night Meetings, and color coding as many things as I can get my hands on.

HC: What has the biggest struggle been since you joined B&S?

RW: One of the toughest things about B&S is that I have to be the bad guy, like that’s never fun… 

HC: Most rewarding moment since you have been on B&S?

RW: A coordinator recently came up to me and told me that for the first time Waltham Group feels like a family, I couldn’t stop smiling all day 

HC: What things are still on your senior year bucket list?

RW: Finally get to go to a Senior Week. And the rest I probably shouldn’t put in writing… 

HC: Which are you most excited about finishing?

RW: SENIOR. WEEK. 

Favorites:

Movie: Fight Club 

Actor: Seth Macfarlane

Artist: Liza Lou, she’s a huge inspiration for my current sculpture work

Spot on campus: the least broken chair in the Waltham Group Office 

Spot off campus: anywhere where the chairs aren’t deathtraps, I’m not a picky person 

Celeb Crush: Do Athletes count? Literally any of the Plumlee brothers
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.