Rachel Dobkin ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2017

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: HSSP/Bio/Psychology

Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus?

Rachel Dobkin: I am the Education Chair of March of Dimes and Colleges Against Cancer, am an active member of BOO, and I’m in Brandeis’ premier all-female a capella group Up The Octave! 

HC: What has been your favorite thing about Brandeis? 

RD: The people. There are so many special people here who are just abnormally selfless, kind-hearted, and considerate; and not even just the students. The facilities and Sodexo workers as well as faculty members have gone out of their way countless times to make myself as well as many others feel special, at ease, and appreciated. The people here truly make Brandeis feel like home. 

HC: If you could say something to your freshman self, what would it be?

RD: Don’t put so much pressure on yourself–relax, enjoy the college experience, and take classes that intrigue and inspire you. 

HC: Favorite Brandeis memory so far?

RD: Anytime that I have really good quality time with my friends and goof off. Once I actually ran laps around the library with a group of friends during finals week which was hilarious–ironically, I will always remember the time I spent socializing with friends in the library.

Favorites:

Movie: Easy A

ActorI’m going to be cliche, but both Emma Watson and Emma Stone are phenomenal human beings and versatile, talented actresses–both are favorites. 

Musician:  I can’t pick any one musician, but I’m super into all things indie and alternative. At the moment I’d probably have to say Borns, Misterwives, Ryn Weaver, and Stop Light Observations.

Ice Cream Flavor: Tie between Haagen Dazs coffee, mint chocolate chip, and chocolate chip cookie dough. 

Spot on campus: Chapels pond

Brandeis event: Springfest and Love Your Body Day

Hola! I am a first year from Puerto Rico. I'm passionate about writing, feminism, social justice, and health.
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.