This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Con: Everyone and then some are asking you for rides, all of the time! People who you’re not even friends with will come up to you or text you for a ride. You never really mind giving people rides, but it has you seriously questioning people’s motives when they’re extra nice to you and then five minutes later are asking if you’ll take them to the grocery store.

Pro: Getting basic necessities is no longer an intense struggle. You can just drive down to Target, or Costco or Walmart for any school supplies (or, let’s face it, mostly luxuries) you need. You’re no longer chained to the food available in the campus store, WholeFoods anyone?

Con: Your friends will always offer to pay for gas, tolls, and parking. But you still somehow always end up paying the lion’s share of whatever costs are involved with your travels.

Pro: You feel like such an empowered woman, whipping through campus with your friends in the back seat and your music bumpin’.

Con: Even though there are dozens of parking spaces in the lot right behind your dorm, your school will only give you a parking permit for the lot all the way across campus. You’ll end up having to walk twenty minutes just to get to your car, and then at night you’ll frantically remember that you have to move it back into the designated lot, so you’ll end up walking home alone at midnight.

Pro: Have a long weekend? Just want to get away for the evening? You can do that – no Uber ride or bus ticket necessary. Road trip!

All GIFs Courtesy of GIPHY https://giphy.com/

Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs. 
Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!