Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

Re-Kap of K-Night

By Amy Wu
March 23, 2014 - 10:56am

What a fabulous show! Last Saturday, Brandeis Korean Students Association (BKSA) hosted K-Nite, a celebration of the Korean culture on campus. All the performers were well prepared and all the acts were thrilling to watch! RECAP: The opening act by a guest performer, WONE, pleased the crowd with several songs, remixed and rapped in English and Korean. He ended with a popular song, Rocketeer by Far East Movement, engaging with the crowd to shout the word ‘fly’! READ MORE

2014 Senior Class Gift

By Chastity DeLorme
March 20, 2014 - 3:15pm

What? We have a senior gift? What is it? MONEY. That’s right, seniors don’t need to give the campus a fancy bench or a new set of speakers in the SCC. This year, like the seniors before them, they will be donating money to our campus. I sat down with one of the chairs of the Senior Gift Committee, Avi Fuld, to get the details on how graduating seniors can keep on giving even after commencement. How does this work? READ MORE

Going Gluten Free

By Emily Beker
March 14, 2014 - 7:01pm

Since going gluten free last week, I’ve discovered it isn’t half bad or as hard as I had expected. There are certainly foods I miss but I have picked up so many better eating habits and discovered I don’t need pasta or pizza to satisfy my hunger cravings. I’m still eating rice, my new favorite snack, Lara bars, are gluten free, I’m finding new delicious ways to make vegetables and I’m rediscovering my love for fresh fruit.   READ MORE

Hamentashen Know-How

By Sydney Westervelt
March 14, 2014 - 6:10pm

Purim is upon us! We all know what that means: it's time to break out our baking supplies and whip up hamentashen! So grab your friends and family and get to it! Some of you might be wondering, "what are hamentashen?" Hamentashen are triangle shaped cookies with different fillings in the middle -- most traditionally poppy seed, prune, apricot, and various other preserves. But new spins on this delicious little treat have started to take hold, both sweet and savory: anything from dulce de leche to caramelized onion and goat cheese. You name it, someone has probably tried to make it (my personal favorite has always been the apricot preserves hamentashen). READ MORE

Her Campus Spring Break Survival Kit: Win Our Giveaway

By Chastity DeLorme
March 12, 2014 - 7:29pm

This week Her Campus Brandeis received a surprise package from our national headquarters! The package was filled with so many Spring Break goodies that we decided to bundle them all up in a giveaway for you, Brandeis! In order to WIN THE SURVIVAL KIT, 1) Like Her Campus Brandeis 2) Share the link for this article on Facebook and then tag Her Campus Brandeis! You must complete these steps by Monday March 24th at noon in order to qualify! Read on to find out just exactly what you can win! READ MORE

Why do you Relay?

By Dylan Schlesinger
March 12, 2014 - 9:17am

At Relay For Life communities across the globe come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against this vicious disease. I would like to extend an invitation to all cancer survivors and supporters to join us in our battle against this disease. READ MORE

Oscars Fashion Recap

By Sydney Westervelt
March 7, 2014 - 9:46pm

The most glamorous night in Hollywood took place this past Sunday, the 86th annual Academy Awards (a.k.a. the Oscars), and both the nominees and presenters’ fashion did not disappoint. Though there can only be one winner per category, I thought (almost) everyone was winning with their spectacular head-to-toe look. Though the men all looked dapper in their tuxes, the women stole the show with their beautiful dresses. My favorite looks of the night, for both the nominees and the presenters, is as follows (starting with best-dressed): The Nominees Lupita Nyong’o (gown by Prada) READ MORE

How to Flirt When You're Awkward

By Leah Weingast
March 5, 2014 - 10:10pm

We've all been there: you bump into someone you think is cute at a party and have no idea what to do. Do you strike up a conversation? Do you drop your phone and do a bend-and-snap? Or do you walk away and admire from afar?  For the flirting experts: You probably don't need this article (or don't exist. Let's face it, flirting is tough at Brandeis). In case you've been out of your game for a while, refresh with the tips for newbies, and you should have no problem sauntering right over to your party of interest and going for it (whatever that may mean for you).  For the newbies: READ MORE

Turning 21 Safely and In Style

By Emily Beker
February 27, 2014 - 10:13pm

So, it’s finally here – the big 2-1. You are FINALLY able to (legally) get into bars and clubs and graduate from the frat house basement parties and the dorm parties that get shut down by 1 AM. You are officially an adult. From one recent 21 year old to another, I want to emphasize the importance of turning 21 safely. It’s a big scary world out there in the bars and clubs, a lot of different people roam around and are looking for some company. The second thing: your ID gives you a lot of power; you have to learn how to use it. As Uncle Ben says in Spider Man "with great power comes great responsibility." READ MORE

Boston’s Most Popular Dating Spots

By Patrycja Popowicz
February 14, 2014 - 4:30pm

It’s wintertime and do you know what that means? It’s time for new relationships to begin. After all, it’s cold outside and having someone to cuddle and watch Netflix with is not a bad idea. Here is a list of spots in a few Boston neighborhoods for ideas for your next date. Back Bay -    Cafeteria: This is a restaurant located on Newbury Street. It is a small, cute, comfortable, and modern restaurant. If you are looking for a restaurant between casual and fancy it is a perfect spot. The food is really good and reasonably priced for a college student’s budget. READ MORE