Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

5 Ways to Pamper Your Mom on Mother's Day

By Emily Beker
May 3, 2014 - 12:43am

With Mother’s Day fast approaching on May 11th, it’s that time of year when daughters and sons find the most heartfelt and special way to give credit to their mom. Even more exciting, it’s going to be the 100th mother’s day! Sure, gifts are always a great way to go – they can be personal and your moms can keep them for years. Another way to honor this special day and spend the quality time with your mom that they deserve is to pamper them! Here are some great suggetions! 1.  Spa Day – you know you deserve one and your mom also does! There are some great day spas in the area, like Bella Sante and G2O, both located on Newbury Street. If you are from out of town, find a day spa in your hometown and treat her to a facial, massage or a manicure and pedicure....

Weekly Playlist: On a Monday in May

By Sydney Westervelt
May 1, 2014 - 11:29am

Whether you are looking for music to study with or a little something to take your mind off the stress of finals, this week's mix is sure to do the trick: On a Monday in May. There's a little bit of everything, from a few classical pieces to more popular songs by well-known artists (like Bon Iver, Coldplay, etc.); it's all easy-listening. Enjoy! READ MORE

Gluten Free Chicken Fingers

By Emily Beker
May 1, 2014 - 1:05am

After a few weeks of going gluten free, I am finally beginning to feel comfortable trying different recipes. So, for the sake of adventure, I began looking for a recipe for chicken fingers. One reason: because I was curious. The other reason: I was craving them. I came upon a gluten free chicken fingers recipe that is so easy, healthy and yummy! I found the recipe here (http://heatherchristo.com/cooks/2014/02/01/crispy-baked-chicken-fingers-gluten-free/) and now it’s my go-to meal if I had a long day and want something low key for dinner. READ MORE

Salad Bar Savvy: How to Navigate the Dining Hall Salad Bars

By kmoranrd
April 23, 2014 - 8:47am

Ever wonder if the salad bar is really as healthy as you think? You’re in luck! The salad bars at Brandeis Dining have a variety of lean proteins, whole grains, and low-fat legumes to keep you going. Its' colorful offerings in the veggie department are packed with nutrition from vitamin A through E. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional breakdown and how step by step you can create a healthy salad. READ MORE

Top YouTube Workout Videos for the Busy Girl

By Chastity DeLorme
April 13, 2014 - 9:58am

What is YouTube good for? Re-watching Beyonce performances so you can perfect your hair flip? Videos about how to tie a scarf in 115 different ways? The source for every Ellen clip ever, providing hours upon hours of procrastination and intense abdomen laughter? The answer to all of these is yes, but YouTube is good for another thing and that is working out! This does require you to get up and move; you can't just sit and watch, but who am I to judge? Here is a list of some of our favorite YouTube workout vids. READ MORE

10 Things We Learned from the Mr. Brandeis Pageant

By Chastity DeLorme
April 12, 2014 - 8:45pm

This past week Relay for Life and Student Events hosted this year's Mr. Brandeis. Not only did we see a lot of skin this year, but much more was revealed. Read on to see what Mr. Brandeis 2014 taught us! 1.  Joe Robinow (winner winner chicken dinner) likes it when you throw things in his face, preferable white and sugary (ew get your mind out of the gutter, I’m just talking about the whip cream). READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: Springfest Part 1

By Sydney Westervelt
April 10, 2014 - 12:37pm

Introducing our new weekly playlist series! At the start of the upcoming fall semester we will continue to make a new mix every week for you all to enjoy! This week's mix features one of the bands performing at Springfest on April 27th, 2014.
And check back in two weeks for part two of this Springfest mini-series! READ MORE

End of Semester Five Stages of Grief

By Emily Reich
April 9, 2014 - 10:57pm

The school year is coming to a close, and it can be hard to understand that emotional roller-coaster you must be riding! With a little help from the Five Stages of Grieving and everybody’s favorite queen, Beyoncé, we can understand all those emotions.  1. Denial It seems impossible that yesterday wasn’t late August and we were all moving in, ready to start a new year at the best university ever. Where did all the months go?!  2. Anger This is not fair. I didn’t pay tens of thousands of dollars for this short of a school year! Who decided to end the year in May? READ MORE

Herbs and Aromatics

By kmoranrd
April 7, 2014 - 12:16pm

In honor of National Garden week, this week's article is dedicated to Herbs and Aromatics. Jump into Spring, and enjoy some of these natural flavors! Adding herbs and aromatic vegetables to food and drinks can boost flavor while keeping calories, fat, sugar and sodium down. Mint in ice tea, lavender on grilled chicken and basil with strawberries are just a few tasty ideas! Making your own vegetable stock with veggies such as carrots, onion and celery is another flavor boosting basic. The options are endless, and they only increase if you have your own garden! If you don't have the space or time investment, try planting a few small pots with your favorites to get started. Enjoy! READ MORE

Spring Beauty Products

By Emily Reich
April 3, 2014 - 12:49am

With temperatures finally not dropping below a balmy 45 degrees, it's time to embrace all the best parts about the warmer weather. Get ready for studying outside, iced coffees, and flip-flops with this exposé of the best beauty products for spring! READ MORE