Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

Surviving the Fall Semester: HC Survival Kit 101

By Sydney Westervelt
October 11, 2014 - 5:24pm

With the help of all of the goodies we received in our back-to-school survival kits from the wonderful Her Campus sponsors, the transition from summer to fall has become much, much easier! From beauty products to BoGo cards, this kit has it all for us collegiettes! Here's a list of our favorites: READ MORE

On the Culture of College Drinking: An Exercise of the Imagination

By Alec Siegel
October 11, 2014 - 4:49pm

**Disclaimer: This article reflects the opinion of the author and is not meant as a reflection upon the student body at Brandeis or any other University. Let’s play a game of make believe. Just for a second. Let’s pretend there is no such thing as Thirsty Thursdays, or Wednesday bar night; red solo cups are reserved for Manischewitz at Passover dinner; the only other word associated with pong is ping; shot gunning Vodka only happens between KGB members, or Putin and his inner circle; the phrase “black out” or “hammered” or “trashed” or “messed up” are used to describe an electrical outage or a carpentry project or, God forbid, a simple mistake, respectively. Let’s pretend we can recall what happened to us last Saturday night....

Couples Halloween Costume Ideas

By Adriana Gleaton
October 11, 2014 - 12:45pm

Not going with a group? Just you and your friend? Well here are some awesome couples costumes! 1. Where’s Waldo costumes are simple and easy to make. All you need is a red and white striped shirts, blue jeans, a hat, and glasses. (Try to make into as many pictures as you can!)
READ MORE

Dear Sofie Revival

By Sofie Savant
October 11, 2014 - 12:30pm

Sometimes you need 100% unbiased advice, and we’re here to give it to you. Whatever problem you might be having, whether it involves school, love, family, friends, etc., we can help you solve it now: we’re reviving our advice column, Dear Sofie, and providing you with an anonymous advisor, Sofie. The writer who will act as Sofie is a perceptive, understanding, trustworthy member of our team.  The advice column is available for all students in need of help.  No message for Sofie is a foolish one—she is really here to listen and try to solve your problem! READ MORE

Gifs That Will Make You Feel Like A Winner

By Niki Laskaris
October 11, 2014 - 12:15pm

All the success (as told by gifs) When you ace your midterm:
When you find out your bff did, too:
When your crush texts you first:
When you're at a great party:
  When you win a game of beer pong:
READ MORE

Her Campus Brandeis Could Send YOU to a Bruins Game!

By Emily Beker
October 7, 2014 - 1:54pm

What do Fall and the Boston Bruins have in common? Yes, their seasons overlap and yes they are both pretty amazing things to witness when you live in New England. Her Campus Brandeis is taking this awesome pair to a whole new level. We have TWO tickets to the Bruins-Islanders game on October 23rd at TD Garden at 7 PM to giveaway! These two seats located in Loge End 15 seats 18 and 19 can be YOURS in five simple steps: 1)   Follow Her Campus Brandeis on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest (if you have an account)  2)   Find some beautiful New England foliage around campus. 3)   Snap the pic and upload it to Instagram and/or Facebook. 4)   Tag Her Campus Brandeis in the picture and add the hashtag #HCBrandeisToBruins...

J-Swipe: Every Jewish Mother's Dream

By Anna Rae Stern
October 4, 2014 - 3:08pm

Have you ever thought about where Jewish men and women find potential dates (or maybe even booty calls)? We have the answer you've been waiting for: J-Swipe (also known as every Jewish mother’s dream). READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: When A Fire Starts To Burn

By Sydney Westervelt
October 4, 2014 - 1:05pm

This week's playlist is a kind of start-to-finish party mix: When A Fire Starts To Burn. Like a fire, it kindles, burns, and then gracefully fades until it goes out. The majority of the songs are tunes you can dance to (which is always a plus, seeing as this is a party mix); some are popular, others might be less well known, but are still just as catchy. READ MORE

10 Ways to Celebrate Fall 2014 in Boston

By Marian Siljeholm
October 4, 2014 - 11:29am

We've compiled a list of ten activities to help embrace the changing leaves in and around Boston. There's something for everyone! Check it out! 1. Go apple picking! Celebrate New England Fall in one of the most quintessential and college budget-friendly ways. To find an orchard near you visit http://www.bostonmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/blog/2014/09/19/apple-picking-orchards-near-boston/   READ MORE

TV Premiere Recaps

By Emily Beker, Adriana Gleaton
October 3, 2014 - 11:17am

Once Upon A Time Once Upon A Time opened up their fourth season with quite a bang. Bringing characters from my favorite recent Disney Movie, Frozen was a gutsy move and I was nervous about it. It worked. It copied the movie a lot but overall I think it will enhance this season. Regina is reverting back to her evil self so she can find the happiness she has been searching for since season one. Emma and Hook are “dating” which gives me so many happy feels. Belle and Rumple are married now but Rumple is also up to no good and won’t tell Belle exactly what. That is a recipe for total disaster. The first episode set the season up right but it will be interesting to see how Elsa gets worked into Storybrooke. READ...