Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

Weekly Playlist: Graduation Edition

By Sydney Westervelt
May 7, 2014 - 5:45pm

This week's playlist, From Newbies to Know-Hows: Congratulations Class of 2014, is dedicated to the Brandeis University seniors about to take on life's next big adventure! It's a story of sorts: it begins with the kindling of frienships and ends with a combination of celebration and nostalgia. It has many different artists from different genres and is meant to be a little all over the place, because, let's face it, life is a little all over the place. Enjoy! READ MORE

HC Brandeis' Favorite Study Snacks

By Andrea Stern
May 4, 2014 - 12:11am

Let’s face it; no one enjoys studying for finals. However, late night library cram sessions can be tremendously improved if you have delicious and nutritious snacks that provide you with stamina to power through those papers, readings and flashcards. When it comes to finals study snacks, Her Campus Brandeis is loyal to three in particular: popchips, Luna Bars and Chipotle. Here’s why these foods fuel us collegeiettes during finals. READ MORE

How to Have a Productive Summer

By Chastity DeLorme
May 3, 2014 - 10:11pm

Whether you are graduating and anxiously approaching the real world or just taking a much needed academic break, summer is probably one of the most exciting and anticipated season for any season. Read on for tips to make these next sunshine months the best and most productive.   Watch all the Netflix. READ MORE

5 Ways to Pamper Your Mom on Mother's Day

By Emily Beker
May 3, 2014 - 12:43am

With Mother’s Day fast approaching on May 11th, it’s that time of year when daughters and sons find the most heartfelt and special way to give credit to their mom. Even more exciting, it’s going to be the 100th mother’s day! Sure, gifts are always a great way to go – they can be personal and your moms can keep them for years. Another way to honor this special day and spend the quality time with your mom that they deserve is to pamper them! Here are some great suggetions! 1.  Spa Day – you know you deserve one and your mom also does! There are some great day spas in the area, like Bella Sante and G2O, both located on Newbury Street. If you are from out of town, find a day spa in your hometown and treat her to a facial, massage or a manicure and pedicure....

Weekly Playlist: On a Monday in May

By Sydney Westervelt
May 1, 2014 - 11:29am

Whether you are looking for music to study with or a little something to take your mind off the stress of finals, this week's mix is sure to do the trick: On a Monday in May. There's a little bit of everything, from a few classical pieces to more popular songs by well-known artists (like Bon Iver, Coldplay, etc.); it's all easy-listening. Enjoy! READ MORE

Gluten Free Chicken Fingers

By Emily Beker
May 1, 2014 - 1:05am

After a few weeks of going gluten free, I am finally beginning to feel comfortable trying different recipes. So, for the sake of adventure, I began looking for a recipe for chicken fingers. One reason: because I was curious. The other reason: I was craving them. I came upon a gluten free chicken fingers recipe that is so easy, healthy and yummy! I found the recipe here (http://heatherchristo.com/cooks/2014/02/01/crispy-baked-chicken-fingers-gluten-free/) and now it’s my go-to meal if I had a long day and want something low key for dinner. READ MORE

Salad Bar Savvy: How to Navigate the Dining Hall Salad Bars

By kmoranrd
April 23, 2014 - 8:47am

Ever wonder if the salad bar is really as healthy as you think? You’re in luck! The salad bars at Brandeis Dining have a variety of lean proteins, whole grains, and low-fat legumes to keep you going. Its' colorful offerings in the veggie department are packed with nutrition from vitamin A through E. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional breakdown and how step by step you can create a healthy salad. READ MORE

Top YouTube Workout Videos for the Busy Girl

By Chastity DeLorme
April 13, 2014 - 9:58am

What is YouTube good for? Re-watching Beyonce performances so you can perfect your hair flip? Videos about how to tie a scarf in 115 different ways? The source for every Ellen clip ever, providing hours upon hours of procrastination and intense abdomen laughter? The answer to all of these is yes, but YouTube is good for another thing and that is working out! This does require you to get up and move; you can't just sit and watch, but who am I to judge? Here is a list of some of our favorite YouTube workout vids. READ MORE

10 Things We Learned from the Mr. Brandeis Pageant

By Chastity DeLorme
April 12, 2014 - 8:45pm

This past week Relay for Life and Student Events hosted this year's Mr. Brandeis. Not only did we see a lot of skin this year, but much more was revealed. Read on to see what Mr. Brandeis 2014 taught us! 1.  Joe Robinow (winner winner chicken dinner) likes it when you throw things in his face, preferable white and sugary (ew get your mind out of the gutter, I’m just talking about the whip cream). READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: Springfest Part 1

By Sydney Westervelt
April 10, 2014 - 12:37pm

Introducing our new weekly playlist series! At the start of the upcoming fall semester we will continue to make a new mix every week for you all to enjoy! This week's mix features one of the bands performing at Springfest on April 27th, 2014.
And check back in two weeks for part two of this Springfest mini-series! READ MORE