Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

Weekly Playlist: Turning Leaves

By Sydney Westervelt
September 13, 2014 - 9:30am

This week's playlist, Turning Leaves is all about change. Ranging from upbeat tunes such as Coldplay's "Lost!", to instrumentals like "Comptine d'un autre été - l'après midi" and soulful ballads like Sam Smith's "Not In That Way". Let the slowly decreasing temperatures wash over you, drink a hot chocolate, and enjoy the turning leaves. Whether you plan to pick apples or plan your Halloween costume, this playlist has got all the jams you’ll need. READ MORE

C-Store Recipes

By Marian Siljeholm
September 12, 2014 - 3:23pm

Especially in the wake of the Market Basket hubbub, groceries and grocery prices are at the forefront of many American minds. This subject, however, is something that has always been at the forefront for college students. During these frugal years, penny pinching is often essential, as is exploiting meal plans to make careful use of every precious swipe and point deduction.   READ MORE

The World This Week

By Emily Reich
September 9, 2014 - 9:50pm

Obama has a plan… Over the weekend, President Obama announced that he is ready to unveil his long-term game plan for taking down ISIS. Obama plans to tell the public about said plan on Wednesday, and few details are currently known. The US won’t be going alone, however, as last week the UK and France, among others, said they were on board to take care of ISIS. Scotland might be moving out… READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: On a Wednesday in September

By Sydney Westervelt
September 3, 2014 - 11:55am

The playlist this week, On a Wednesday in September, is a surefire way to help you ring in the semester — a.k.a. it's a back to school playlist of sorts. It features both throwbacks and newer artists; this gives you a chance to not only feel a little nostalgic, but also to discover new music! Artists include Arcade Fire, Dylan Gardner, The Madden Brothers, Spoon, New Radicals, alt-J, and more. So, whether you're trying to branch out or you need some music to kick back to, this one's got it all....

Weekly Playlist: Graduation Edition

By Sydney Westervelt
May 7, 2014 - 5:45pm

This week's playlist, From Newbies to Know-Hows: Congratulations Class of 2014, is dedicated to the Brandeis University seniors about to take on life's next big adventure! It's a story of sorts: it begins with the kindling of frienships and ends with a combination of celebration and nostalgia. It has many different artists from different genres and is meant to be a little all over the place, because, let's face it, life is a little all over the place. Enjoy! READ MORE

HC Brandeis' Favorite Study Snacks

By Andrea Stern
May 4, 2014 - 12:11am

Let’s face it; no one enjoys studying for finals. However, late night library cram sessions can be tremendously improved if you have delicious and nutritious snacks that provide you with stamina to power through those papers, readings and flashcards. When it comes to finals study snacks, Her Campus Brandeis is loyal to three in particular: popchips, Luna Bars and Chipotle. Here’s why these foods fuel us collegeiettes during finals. READ MORE

How to Have a Productive Summer

By Chastity DeLorme
May 3, 2014 - 10:11pm

Whether you are graduating and anxiously approaching the real world or just taking a much needed academic break, summer is probably one of the most exciting and anticipated season for any season. Read on for tips to make these next sunshine months the best and most productive.   Watch all the Netflix. READ MORE

5 Ways to Pamper Your Mom on Mother's Day

By Emily Beker
May 3, 2014 - 12:43am

With Mother’s Day fast approaching on May 11th, it’s that time of year when daughters and sons find the most heartfelt and special way to give credit to their mom. Even more exciting, it’s going to be the 100th mother’s day! Sure, gifts are always a great way to go – they can be personal and your moms can keep them for years. Another way to honor this special day and spend the quality time with your mom that they deserve is to pamper them! Here are some great suggetions! 1.  Spa Day – you know you deserve one and your mom also does! There are some great day spas in the area, like Bella Sante and G2O, both located on Newbury Street. If you are from out of town, find a day spa in your hometown and treat her to a facial, massage or a manicure and pedicure....

Weekly Playlist: On a Monday in May

By Sydney Westervelt
May 1, 2014 - 11:29am

Whether you are looking for music to study with or a little something to take your mind off the stress of finals, this week's mix is sure to do the trick: On a Monday in May. There's a little bit of everything, from a few classical pieces to more popular songs by well-known artists (like Bon Iver, Coldplay, etc.); it's all easy-listening. Enjoy! READ MORE

Gluten Free Chicken Fingers

By Emily Beker
May 1, 2014 - 1:05am

After a few weeks of going gluten free, I am finally beginning to feel comfortable trying different recipes. So, for the sake of adventure, I began looking for a recipe for chicken fingers. One reason: because I was curious. The other reason: I was craving them. I came upon a gluten free chicken fingers recipe that is so easy, healthy and yummy! I found the recipe here (http://heatherchristo.com/cooks/2014/02/01/crispy-baked-chicken-fingers-gluten-free/) and now it’s my go-to meal if I had a long day and want something low key for dinner. READ MORE