Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

Weekly Playlist: Halloweekend 2014

By Sydney Westervelt
October 25, 2014 - 12:00pm

Halloween is right around the corner! To help you get in the spirit, the playlist this week is all about Halloween! From classic hits like "Monster Mash" to more modern, yet just as ghoulish, tunes like "Dragula", Halloweekend 2014 has everything a colligiette could want to help ring in the this awesome (let's be honest) weekend! READ MORE

Halloween Costume Ideas by Hair Color

By Sydney Westervelt
October 25, 2014 - 9:00am

Below is a list of our favorite Halloween costumes based on hair color — some are modern twists on classic looks and others are the spitting image. Hopefully these will help you decide who to be for Halloween this year! Brunette Megara (Hercules)
Daria Morgendorffer (Daria)
READ MORE

Halloween Costumes for the Lazy

By Liya Wizevich
October 24, 2014 - 2:30pm

Sometimes, it’s just not worth it to spends lots and time and effort on a halloween costume! Luckily, Urban Outfitters has lots of hilarious and easy costumes.  They’re so funny that no one will judge you for not spending hours and hours on your costume!      In fact, these shirts remind me of something April Ludgate would say on Parks and Rec!       Here are a few of my favorites:     READ MORE

Creepiest Places in Massachusetts

By Kiana Khozein
October 24, 2014 - 1:30pm

Massachusetts is a pretty haunted state. Of course, most people know about Salem and the infamous witch trials that occurred there in the late 1700s – but did you know that a lot of that Massachusetts spook is centered on the state’s various colleges and college towns? With Halloween just around the corner, I figured I’d tell you about three of the most interesting university-related haunted locations. READ MORE

Alternative Ways to Spend Your Halloween

By Alec Siegel
October 24, 2014 - 12:00pm

Pumpkin spiced everything, aisles full of discount candy at Hannaford’s, and pumpkin carving related injuries. Yep, it’s that time of year again. Here are some alternative ways of spending your 31st.   Honor the History READ MORE

10 Festive Ways to Get in the Halloween Spirit

By Niki Laskaris
October 24, 2014 - 9:00am

1. Watch a horror or Halloween-based movie nightly leading up to Halloween      This first step is trouble-free and attainable from your dorm room.  START TONIGHT!  It’s no way too late to get in the ghostly spirit.  TV networks screen horror movies constantly through the month.  Certain movies are aired every year, and are MUSTS: Halloweentown Hocus Pocus Psycho The Nightmare Before Christmas Nightmare on Elm Street Halloween Also, there are some quality horror flicks free for streaming on Netflix: READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: Girl Power

By Sydney Westervelt
October 18, 2014 - 5:08pm

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the playlist this week is all about Girl Power! It features all female artists, with songs that are meant to inspire and empower. From classic powerhouses like Aretha Franklin, to modern-day, fierce artists like Beyoncé, this playlist has it all. Listen to it while you're getting ready for a night on the town, or if you need some inspiration or a pick-me-up; whatever ails you, these women are bound to help. Enjoy! READ MORE

Breakup Etiquette 101

By Emily Beker
October 18, 2014 - 11:15am

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by this writer are not the opinion of Brandeis University or Her Campus Brandeis. Breaking up with someone is never easy. Inevitably both parties end up hurt. It doesn’t matter who dumped whom. There are ways to make ending a relationship you cared about slightly easier in the short run. It doesn’t matter how long the relationship was: a month, two weeks, two years or five years. It will hurt and might cause unstable emotions for a little bit. READ MORE

Singles Costumes

By Adriana Gleaton
October 18, 2014 - 11:00am

No partner no problem here are some awesome costume ideas for just you! Rosie the Riveter It’s super simple and easy to make this costume! You can find a blue jean shirt or jacket and red bandana or head scarf to make this awesome costume! via www.hollywoodreporter.com Elliot from E.T.    READ MORE

"What If": A Recap and Review

By Kiana Khozein
October 18, 2014 - 10:15am

When I showed up at the Her Campus' and  Student Events' Fall Film Series showing of What If, my expectations were pretty clearly summed up by the phrase “rom-com with Harry Potter and a blonde, vaguely birdlike hipster chick”.  I even hedged on whether or not I wanted to go. I wasn’t the strange blend of cheerful and wistful that is usually required for movies that have such a potentially high cheese content. But, enticed by the prospect of at least seeing attractive people bum around on screen for 100 or so minutes, I rolled in and was immediately plied with various goodies and concessions (like a $10 Aeropostale gift card and some to-die-for cupcakes). Okay, I thought. Not bad. READ MORE