An Ode to Peppermint and Chocolate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

When I hear chocolate and peppermint, I think of a timeless, classic, and practically perfect in every way duo. 

The sweet minty flavor of peppermint combined with the velvety earthy flavor of chocolate is simply amazing.  One mouthful of this heavenly combination instantly fills the taster with warm, fuzzy holiday feelings.  And what better way to help get you in the holiday spirit than though your stomach?  Here are some wonderfully amazing peppermint and chocolate treats to try this season: 

Peppermint Hot Chocolate 

Spice up your hot chocolate game this season with a little peppermint. Try homemade with this recipe.   

Peppermint Bark

This holiday classic is surprisingly easy to make.  

Peppermint Fudge

Fudge is already amazing on its own, why not make it even better by adding a festive touch of peppermint? Get the recipe here

Chocolate Peppermint Sundae

Yes, the weather outside is frightful, but you won’t want to miss this scrumptious treat.  You can learn how to make it here

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing. 
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.