Nicholas Waller ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Hometown: Natick, MA

Year: Junior

Major(s)/Minor(s): Biology Major, Econ Minor

Extracurricular Involvement: Biotechnology Club

Her Campus: Why did you choose to come to Brandeis?

Nicholas Waller: I chose to come to Brandeis because it is a local school that has a very strong academic curriculum and it is a liberal arts school so I could try out different types of classes and see what I liked.  I also stayed overnight, and really liked the social environment.

HC: What is your favorite Brandeis memory?

NW: My favorite Brandeis memory is boxing with Brittany for one of the orientation activities.

HC: I understand that you are a nationally ranked badminton player, when did you start playing and what sparked your interest?

NW: I started playing when I was 11 years old.  My grandfather played and he took me to play a couple of times and I liked it, so he looked for a club near me for me to start practicing. 

HC: What is your favorite part about the sport and competition?

NW: I really like how badminton combines physicality with technique and strategy.  Competing is always fun because that is when you can really judge yourself and measure your improvement. 

HC: Ever consider starting a badminton club at Brandeis?

NW: I would love to; I have just struggled to find time because I am already balancing pre med classes and badminton practice.

Fast Facts:

Favorite food? Chicken Biryani

Favorite movie/TV show? Slumdog Millionaire/Game of Thrones

Favorite class at Brandeis? Chinese

Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving

Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!