Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis News

Events April 11-13

By Amy Wu, Leah Weingast
April 11, 2014 - 3:43pm

Hairspray This weekend come see Hairspray, HTG's Spring '14 Open Cast Musical. The Hillel Theater Group (HTG), part of the Undergraduate Theatre Collective, is a student-run theater group that brings a variety of high quality theatrical productions to Brandeis University every year. Every Spring, HTG produces an open cast musical, opening shows to everyone who is interested in becoming part of the world of theater. HerCampus’ own Sydney Westervelt is in the cast, and it is sure to warm your heart and make you sing. You won’t be able to stop the beat of this awesome show! Performance Schedule and Prices: Thursday, April 10 at 8:00 p.m 
Saturday, April 12 at 8:00 p.m. Sunday, April 13 at 2:00 p.m, and 8:00 p.m. ...

How to Manage Your Work Over Break

By Sarah Binstok
April 11, 2014 - 3:35pm

If you're like me, you are very excited for a break from school after a crazy amount of work in the past few weeks. Break is when you do not have to get up every morning, sit through classes, and get all your work done for the next day. However, if you're also like me and still have an enormous amount of work to accomplish over break, then check out these tips to get your work done over this break: 1. Give yourself some leeway READ MORE

BMACE: Uncover the Martial Arts Extravaganza

By Chastity DeLorme
April 10, 2014 - 8:31am

Wanna kick some butt? Feel like your self-defense skills need some serious brushing up? This weekend, the martial arts clubs of Brandeis put on an event to exhibit their talents and teachings to help you do just that. We sat down with one of the coordinators of the BMACE event, Seema Saul, to get the real lowdown. Check out this video as well to get a first-hand experience with the Deis fighters. HC: What is the purpose of the event? READ MORE

Get the Lowdown on This Year's Springfest Performers

By Chastity DeLorme
April 5, 2014 - 2:45pm

You don’t care? You love it? Well so do we. Check out our lowdown on the Springfest performers this year! ICONA POP: They are most known for their song “I Love It,” popularized by the lovely Lena Dunham in Girls.  But don’t worry, you don’t have to be an HBO fiend to enjoy their music. This Swedish pop DJ dynamic duo got together in 2009 aiming to make you “laugh and cry” while listening to their music. Maybe skip the crying this year. Check out some of their most popular songs: “I Love It.” READ MORE

Her Campus Brandeis' Fave Fall 2014 Courses

By Chastity DeLorme, Emily Beker, Sydney Westervelt, Sara Cardenas, Leah Weingast
April 4, 2014 - 9:58pm

With Fall course selection quickly approaching, Her Campus Brandeis put together a list of courses they love that are being offered! From graduating seniors talking about past classes to first years saying which classes they think look awesome, we have it all! Chastity DeLorme Organizational Behavior in Business with Detlev Suderow (BUS 120A) READ MORE

The Wilbur Theater

By Leah Weingast
April 4, 2014 - 1:38pm

Looking for a comedy show or a night of live music in Boston? The historic Wilbur Theater is the perfect venue for seeing A-list talent near Brandeis. This theater has booked huge names like Jimmy Fallon, Bill Maher, Joan Rivers and Gavin Degraw. There are some upcoming shows that you definitely should not miss out on, like the comedy troop that Amy Poehler started, and Upright Citizen's Brigade on April 26th. This new-york based improv group has been a featured performance in the Comedy Tent at the annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival and formed a television series dedicated to their sketch comedy on Comedy Central. In just a few weeks, Parks and Recreation star Aziz Ansari will perform at the Wilbur with his new comedy tour "Modern Romance"....

Breaking Out of the Brandeis Bubble: Mount Cardigan, New Hampshire

By Amy Wu
April 4, 2014 - 1:34pm

This past weekend, I attended College Outside’s “College Get Outside Weekend”, an intercollegiate outing event with several colleges from the Boston area. The event was held at the AMC Cardigan Lodge. We only had to pay $25 for the whole weekend, which included a 2 night's stay, tacos, s’mores, and loads of fun! Though some, like me, had trouble snowshoeing up the snowy steep Mount Cardigan, the main purpose is to get out there with nature. It was a great way to detox from all the stress built up throughout the week full of midterms, midterms, and even more midterms. READ MORE

The Creator Of Your Childhood Tells All

By Talia Hirsch
April 4, 2014 - 1:24pm

Talk about a childhood throwback! It’s Bronstein Week at Brandeis, and with events that include making your own slime, tie dye, and dancing lobsters, who wouldn’t be reliving their youth? READ MORE

Liquid Latex: Take Two

By Sydney Westervelt
March 28, 2014 - 5:16pm

Lights, Camera, Liquid Latex! I had the honor of painting a few of the courageous Brandeisians who strutted their stuff on stage this past Tuesday, wearing nothing but underwear and, of course, latex paint! A combination of intricate latex paint designs, groovy tunes, and creative choreography, gave every act its own unique look and feel. If you didn’t get a chance to see the crazy-awesome performances, below is a play-by-play of each act, courtesy of the Liquid Latex Program: READ MORE

How the Heck to Get an Internship

By Chastity DeLorme
March 28, 2014 - 1:48pm

The school year is winding down and it is about that time to begin thinking about the summer. What are you going to do?  I’m sure your parents (and your career) will be much happier if you go hard and try to get a job, an internship or at least find some way to feel productive. Follow these steps and you will be on your way down the yellow brick road…if not to an internship, at least to Emerald City. 1. Talk to Hiatt. READ MORE