Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Features

Brandeis Tennis Date Raffle

By Dylan Schlesinger
September 24, 2014 - 8:58pm

Ever wonder who that group of extremely attractive people that basically live in Gosman carrying sticks with string are?  Wouldn't you love to be able to sit down on a nicely padded booth located in Sherman dining hall with one of those good looking folks? Well your prayers have been answered! The Brandeis Women's and Men's Tennis teams will be selling raffle tickets for each player on both rosters, if chosen you will win a Sherman date with which ever player you purchased a ticket for! Raffle tickets are 2 for 5$ and a special deal of 5 for 10$!!! Message any tennis player for more information, Usdan tabling will be next week (times TBA).    READ MORE

Top Picks for Fall 2014 TV Series

By Sydney Westervelt
September 24, 2014 - 11:29am

With the number of brand new shows starting this fall, you might be asking yourself, "to dvr, or not to dvr?" or "how do I choose? they all air at the same time, just on different networks!"
Well, look no further because the rest of this article gives you the basics on our top six picks to watch — including the trailer (just click on the title of the show), premiere date & time, synopsis, and obviously some awesome gifs. Check it out! Madam Secretary (CBS)
READ MORE

The Best Takeout in Waltham

By Sara Cardenas
September 19, 2014 - 3:11pm

READ MORE

All About The Mindful Program From the New Campus Nutritionists

By Emily Beker
September 19, 2014 - 10:00am

This year with the new Usdan renovations came two amazing nutrition professionals. Karen Jew, a Registered Dietitian, and Laura Klotz who will be assisting Karen at Brandeis. Her Campus had a chance to chat with them and talk about their hopes for a partnership this coming year. We have a lot of exciting events in the works with them and we look forward to what should be a great partnership. These will not be events you will want to miss so make sure you check back here and see what is coming up!  Every week Laura will be tabling in Usdan for different topics to help make our student body more aware of the healthy options on campus. This past Wednesday, Laura tabled in Usdan to give out information about Sodexo’s Mindful program....

TheSkimm: Making the News An Experience for the Digital Age!

By Anna Rae Stern
September 19, 2014 - 9:05am

READ MORE

Campus Changes

By Shoshana Feld
September 13, 2014 - 9:39am

For those of you back after our summer break, you might notice some changes to residence halls and campus dining halls. Brandeis made a lot of adjustments to various buildings on campus and some are still in process. Her Campus Brandeis was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to get the details from Department of Community Living (DCL) and Brandeis dining.   READ MORE

Fall Into Fitness

By Alisha Steindecker
September 12, 2014 - 9:51pm

It’s a new season, which means trying new things is in style. Fall has arrived right on schedule and has brought along its pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pies, caramelized apples, and other sweet treats – fitness off campus sounds more and more appealing to keep that summer body all year long! READ MORE

Breaking Out of the Brandeis Bubble: Exploring Boston

By Amy Wu
September 12, 2014 - 3:35pm

Hello Brandeis! Today marks exactly two weeks and a day since classes started. It also marks another two weeks until our first break! Speaking of breaks, what plans do you have this weekend? Her Campus Brandeis wants to help out by giving a few Boston hotspots to get you acquainted with this amazing city. Are you in the mood for daytime shopping? Take a look at these possible options.  READ MORE

24 Hour Musical Recap

By Anna Rae Stern
September 12, 2014 - 9:23am

How long does it take to put on a musical? In my high school theater department, six weeks was considered the shortest possible time span. Brandeis, however, has proven the impossible. On September 7th, with over 150 cast members, 25 backstage crew and 23 production staff members, Grease was performed in the Shapiro Theater. Here’s the catch: the show was put on in just 24 hours. You heard that right. The cast and crew had only 24 Hours to oranize the show before curtain. Tympanium Euphorium and the Hillel Theater Group have put on the 24 Hour Musical for the past nine years. That makes this year's Grease the 10th Anniversary of the 24 hour musical. I know what you’re thinking: Grease, a massive production, could not be performed in 24 Hours....

College: Expectations vs. Reality

By Sara Cardenas
September 3, 2014 - 5:18pm

Inspired by movies and crazy stories told by older siblings and cousins, we all envisioned what college would be like. However, it isn’t until freshman year that we can finally distinguish the facts from the fiction. Here are a few common myths and their realities for your enjoyment: Dorm Room Expectation: Inspired by pottery barn catalogues and Pinterest, you and your roommate will coordinate to create a perfect catalogue worthy oasis complete with matching bedspreads, beanbags, and twinkly lights.    READ MORE