Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Features

Transition into the Summer

By Chastity DeLorme
May 10, 2014 - 6:38pm

It's that time of the year and we all know you are so excited, but regardless of how much inherent enthusiasm you may carry for the sunshine and popsicles, the transition from academic life to summer can be hard. You may be graduating or maybe all your friends are; either way we must realize we all have to move. Read on to find out how to make this transition a bit easier.  Plan it out: READ MORE

What NOT to Wear for Internships

By Emily Reich
May 8, 2014 - 10:50pm

Not everyone can go out and buy a whole new wardrobe for an internship. Re-purposing and reusing skirts and shirts is a must but not everything is internship-ready! Use this quick guide to know what's acceptable for an internship and what NOT to wear.  Party Attire: If you could see yourself wearing it to a party or a club, it’s not right for an internship! Keep an eye out for crop tops or dresses with cutouts- they’re great for a night out, but not the workplace. READ MORE

Graduation Gift Ideas 101

By Leah Weingast
May 8, 2014 - 3:40pm

The semester is finally over, and after finishing your last final the only hurdle left to jump over is finding the perfect gift for your friends for graduation. Whether they love to preserve memories or focus on the future, this guide has something for every graduate. For the Sentimental Types Dogeared necklace With every endeavor students face as they graduate, whether it’s finding an apartment, starting a new job, or even learning how to cook for themselves, this necklace will let them know that you have confidence in their future and wish them all the best. READ MORE

DIY Graduation Gifts

By Emily Beker
May 6, 2014 - 9:40pm

With graduation right around the corner, it is time to get your graduating friends or loved ones gifts! A great option if you don’t want to go out and buy a typical gift is to make them something they will always treasure! 1) Sharpie Mugs – these are all the rage and a great option. You can customize a white mug with whatever you want, then bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes to keep the sharpie on the mug and voila, you have a great gift. If you want to go the typical route you can write “grad”, a meaningful quote, or if you are feeling artistic do a cool design. READ MORE

Productive Study Breaks

By Emily Reich
May 3, 2014 - 1:56pm

Taking breaks while studying is key to a successful finals week. If you try to get too much done in too little time, you’re probably going to spend more time freaking out than working! Use these ideas as a way to get your breaks in, but be productive as well! 1. Call home: There are a lot of things to do during finals week, and calling home doesn’t usually take precedence over cramming for your stats exam or finishing up an essay. Mom and dad back home still want to know how everything is going here at Brandeis, and fitting in a quick call home between study sessions will both please your parents and allow you to de-stress by talking about all the work you have to do. READ MORE

Brandeis' Fave Spring Nail Colors

By Emily Beker, Emily Reich, Sara Cardenas, Esther Lee, Sydney Westervelt
May 1, 2014 - 8:02pm

Now that spring is finally getting the message, it's time to find your favorite nail polishes to dust off and show off. Grab those pastels, those bright blues, whites, whatever suits your fancy. Ditch those winter gloves and pull those cute sandles out from storage, make sure you have an awesome manicure and pedicure to match the rocking new spring wardrobe! Her Campus Brandeis writers gave some of their favorites so far this season!  READ MORE

Survival strategies for successful studying

By kmoranrd
April 30, 2014 - 8:35am

Bottom Line...finals are a time of great stress! Sometimes you are so focused on studying for final exams and writing term papers, that food is not a priority. Your diet is put on the back burner while you concentrate on getting a good grade. However, your food choices can have a big impact on your performance. That's right, what you put into your body can directly impact how you feel and prepare for your finals! So follow these simple studying strategies to help you ace your exams:   READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: Springfest Part 2

By Sydney Westervelt
April 24, 2014 - 1:17pm

This week's mix features another artist performing at Springfest 2014! I've also added in artists similar to the featured artist, and some other little gems that go well with the tempo and overall feel of the playlist! Enjoy! And everybody get excited because this awesome event is right around the corner!! Oh and, if you're still on the fence about what to wear, we've got you covered! READ MORE

Events April 11-13

By Amy Wu, Leah Weingast
April 11, 2014 - 3:43pm

Hairspray This weekend come see Hairspray, HTG's Spring '14 Open Cast Musical. The Hillel Theater Group (HTG), part of the Undergraduate Theatre Collective, is a student-run theater group that brings a variety of high quality theatrical productions to Brandeis University every year. Every Spring, HTG produces an open cast musical, opening shows to everyone who is interested in becoming part of the world of theater. HerCampus’ own Sydney Westervelt is in the cast, and it is sure to warm your heart and make you sing. You won’t be able to stop the beat of this awesome show! Performance Schedule and Prices: Thursday, April 10 at 8:00 p.m 
Saturday, April 12 at 8:00 p.m. Sunday, April 13 at 2:00 p.m, and 8:00 p.m. ...

How to Manage Your Work Over Break

By Sarah Binstok
April 11, 2014 - 3:35pm

If you're like me, you are very excited for a break from school after a crazy amount of work in the past few weeks. Break is when you do not have to get up every morning, sit through classes, and get all your work done for the next day. However, if you're also like me and still have an enormous amount of work to accomplish over break, then check out these tips to get your work done over this break: 1. Give yourself some leeway READ MORE