Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Features

Campus Changes

By Shoshana Feld
September 13, 2014 - 9:39am

For those of you back after our summer break, you might notice some changes to residence halls and campus dining halls. Brandeis made a lot of adjustments to various buildings on campus and some are still in process. Her Campus Brandeis was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to get the details from Department of Community Living (DCL) and Brandeis dining.   READ MORE

Fall Into Fitness

By Alisha Steindecker
September 12, 2014 - 9:51pm

It’s a new season, which means trying new things is in style. Fall has arrived right on schedule and has brought along its pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pies, caramelized apples, and other sweet treats – fitness off campus sounds more and more appealing to keep that summer body all year long! READ MORE

Breaking Out of the Brandeis Bubble: Exploring Boston

By Amy Wu
September 12, 2014 - 3:35pm

Hello Brandeis! Today marks exactly two weeks and a day since classes started. It also marks another two weeks until our first break! Speaking of breaks, what plans do you have this weekend? Her Campus Brandeis wants to help out by giving a few Boston hotspots to get you acquainted with this amazing city. Are you in the mood for daytime shopping? Take a look at these possible options.  READ MORE

24 Hour Musical Recap

By Anna Rae Stern
September 12, 2014 - 9:23am

How long does it take to put on a musical? In my high school theater department, six weeks was considered the shortest possible time span. Brandeis, however, has proven the impossible. On September 7th, with over 150 cast members, 25 backstage crew and 23 production staff members, Grease was performed in the Shapiro Theater. Here’s the catch: the show was put on in just 24 hours. You heard that right. The cast and crew had only 24 Hours to oranize the show before curtain. Tympanium Euphorium and the Hillel Theater Group have put on the 24 Hour Musical for the past nine years. That makes this year's Grease the 10th Anniversary of the 24 hour musical. I know what you’re thinking: Grease, a massive production, could not be performed in 24 Hours....

College: Expectations vs. Reality

By Sara Cardenas
September 3, 2014 - 5:18pm

Inspired by movies and crazy stories told by older siblings and cousins, we all envisioned what college would be like. However, it isn’t until freshman year that we can finally distinguish the facts from the fiction. Here are a few common myths and their realities for your enjoyment: Dorm Room Expectation: Inspired by pottery barn catalogues and Pinterest, you and your roommate will coordinate to create a perfect catalogue worthy oasis complete with matching bedspreads, beanbags, and twinkly lights.    READ MORE

Things I Wish I Had Known As A Freshman

By Emily Reich
September 3, 2014 - 3:41pm

You may not speak to the people you meet during Orientation when classes kick in Orientation is awesome, full of activities, meeting people, and exploring your new campus. Once “real life” sets in, people settle into certain routines and habits, and it’s not impossible that you will go weeks without seeing someone you saw every day during Orientation! Getting to Boston requires some determination Although Boston is visible from certain parts of campus, actually getting there requires a good level of willpower. Make sure you know the commuter rail’s often unpredictable schedule (and keep an eye out for random cancellations!). Also, don’t be afraid to ask for directions at Information if you don’t know how the T works....

Transition into the Summer

By Chastity DeLorme
May 10, 2014 - 6:38pm

It's that time of the year and we all know you are so excited, but regardless of how much inherent enthusiasm you may carry for the sunshine and popsicles, the transition from academic life to summer can be hard. You may be graduating or maybe all your friends are; either way we must realize we all have to move. Read on to find out how to make this transition a bit easier.  Plan it out: READ MORE

What NOT to Wear for Internships

By Emily Reich
May 8, 2014 - 10:50pm

Not everyone can go out and buy a whole new wardrobe for an internship. Re-purposing and reusing skirts and shirts is a must but not everything is internship-ready! Use this quick guide to know what's acceptable for an internship and what NOT to wear.  Party Attire: If you could see yourself wearing it to a party or a club, it’s not right for an internship! Keep an eye out for crop tops or dresses with cutouts- they’re great for a night out, but not the workplace. READ MORE

Graduation Gift Ideas 101

By Leah Weingast
May 8, 2014 - 3:40pm

The semester is finally over, and after finishing your last final the only hurdle left to jump over is finding the perfect gift for your friends for graduation. Whether they love to preserve memories or focus on the future, this guide has something for every graduate. For the Sentimental Types Dogeared necklace With every endeavor students face as they graduate, whether it’s finding an apartment, starting a new job, or even learning how to cook for themselves, this necklace will let them know that you have confidence in their future and wish them all the best. READ MORE

DIY Graduation Gifts

By Emily Beker
May 6, 2014 - 9:40pm

With graduation right around the corner, it is time to get your graduating friends or loved ones gifts! A great option if you don’t want to go out and buy a typical gift is to make them something they will always treasure! 1) Sharpie Mugs – these are all the rage and a great option. You can customize a white mug with whatever you want, then bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes to keep the sharpie on the mug and voila, you have a great gift. If you want to go the typical route you can write “grad”, a meaningful quote, or if you are feeling artistic do a cool design. READ MORE