New York For The First Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

This spring break I went to visit my friend in New York City and it was the best blend of crazy, relaxing and overwhelming. This may sound cliche, but New York is a magical city that never stops and has endless things to do, from food to shows. As someone who loves being in a city, New York was everything I dreamed it would be and more. However, it was nice to come back to a quiet campus and soak in the days I spent in New York because after a while being in a busy city can get too much.

It was a great getaway, but here are some things I would have liked to know before I went there.

Be ready for a crowd of people that never stops and always has somewhere to be. The streets are always busy. ​

Be prepared for weird unpredictable weather ( we are still in the east coast) Things are expensive!!! You are in New York after all.

If you are planning to see a broadway show (which you must, all of them are spectacular) book tickets in advance it will be cheaper.

I traveled by bus, so prepare for a looonggggg journey! and take some entertainment with you.​

But overall, New York was a great spring get away and I’m definitely going to visit again!

Sakinah Master

Brandeis '21

Sakinah is Senior at Brandeis University persuring a degree in Psychology and Public Health. She is from Mumbai (India) and hopes to make a change in the field of mental health in her hometown one day! 
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.