Meet The Staff: Mya Goodman ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2018

Hometown: Pembroke Pines, Florida

Major: African and Afro-American Studies, Anthropology, and Education

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?

Mya Goodman: I play on the Brandeis women’s soccer team, write for Her Campus, work in the General Weight Room, and participate in Brandeis Kindness Day and the NaturalLiving club. I also really love finding random events on campus to go to.

HC: What is your favorite part about Her Campus?

MG: I love that Her Campus gives me a platform to write about Brandeis and its students. Prior to working with Her Campus, my writing experience was limited to academic papers and essays, so  experimenting with creative writing has been an awesome experience!

HC: What made you interested in getting involved?

MG: During winter break a Brandeis Her Campus article popped onto my newsfeed and I loved reading it. I looked at their older articles and the people who wrote them and it seemed like something I definitely wanted to join and I’m so glad I did.

HC: What advice would you have for incoming freshmen?

MG: College is a huge adjustment, and it’s okay if things don’t go exactly as you planned in the beginning. You just have to really embrace all the changes because good things happen when you have a positive attitude.

HC: Best Brandeis moment so far?

MG: My first Snow Day! This winter was the first time I’ve ever seen snow, so being able to frolic around in it without having to go to class was “wicked” cool.

HC: What are you looking forward to this semester?

MG: Exploring Boston, going to Springfest, meeting new people, getting even closer with my teammates, and going to my classes. There’s so much to look forward to this semester!

HC: What is a big pet peeve?

MG: People who throw things out when they can be recycled.

HC: What is something most people don’t know about you?

MG: I don’t like chocolate.

Favorites:

Movie: Her

Band: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Spot on campus: “My Place in the Woods” I had to choose for my Environmental Studies class. It’s a hidden patch of forest in between the soccer field and South Street.

Station in Usdan: Chopped

Spot in Boston: Porter Square

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.