Meet The Staff: Esther Lee ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2015

Hometown: Fort Lee, NJ

Majors: Business, IGS

Minors: French and Francophone Studies

Her Campus: Why did you decide to go to Brandeis?

Esther Lee: I chose between Brandeis and NYU, which was incredibly difficult to do because they offer such different learning environments. I love New York City, having growing up so close by, but I ultimately wanted a small campus and a campus in general.

HC: How did you first get involved with Her Campus?

EL: I wanted to address sexual assault and write an article compiling resources for survivors and friends of survivors. I thought Her Campus was the perfect medium because it reaches so many people.

HC: What does your job entail at Her Campus?

EL: I write for Her Campus every week. Sometimes I do celebrities and cuties, but I write general articles as well.

HC: What else are you involved in on campus?

EL: I’m the president of the Brandeis Asian American Students Association and a sister and the Recruitment Chair of Sigma Delta Tau. I also work as a part of the Campus Center Team so you can find me at the SCC infobooth and Usdan gameroom.

HC: Why do you write for Her Campus?

EL: Like I said, I think Her Campus is so accessible and digestible. I appreciate that it has a lot of serious pieces but fun articles as well.

HC: What is your favorite part about Brandeis?

EL: My friends! One of my suitemates convinced me not to transfer freshman year and all my suitemates are my best friends. I also love hanging out with my amazing, capable sorority sisters.

HC: What is something you wish you could’ve done at campus that you ended up not doing?

EL: I wish I could have taken more classes out of my comfort zone and majors/minor. I took a great art history course when I studied abroad in Paris and it made me regret not exploring all my options at Brandeis! Next semester, I’m going to take a fine arts course so I can minimize that regret.

HC: If you could say something to your freshman self what would it be?

EL: Everything works out.

Fun Facts

Celeb Crush: Jesse Williams

Sherman or Usdan: Neither!

Favorite late night snack: Chips or ice cream

Favorite place on campus: Wherever my best friends are

Fave Dorm: My Ridgewood

Repping the 305. From Miami to Boston. Likes: House music, Tuna Fish, Rom Coms, Sunshine Dislikes: Track, Roller coasters, Snakes
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.