Meet the Staff: Emily Rae Foreman ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Emily Rae Foreman

Year: Freshmen, Midyear

Hometown: Denver, CO

Majors/Minors: Undecided, but potential double major in Economics and IGS, double minor in Anthropology and English

Her Campus Brandeis: What are you involved in on campus, or what do you hope to get involved in?

Emily Rae Foreman: I’m a writer for Her Campus and I just finished training to be an ambassador for admissions, so I’m going to start giving tours to prospective students as well as being a chatter, or someone who talks to families before information sessions and tries to answer their questions. I’m also trying to be more involved in The Student Center for The Rose Art Museum and I write for The Justice.

HC: How did you spend your midyear semester?

ERF: I went abroad on a Brandeis program in Florence. I lived with other Brandeis students in Italy and took classes there. I spent a lot of time in class, traveling, exploring the city, going to lots of Renaissance art museums, trying to learn Italian…basically all of the things you would expect from a semester abroad.

HC: Why did you choose to get involved with Her Campus? What do you enjoy most about writing for Her Campus?

ERF: My college counselor suggested that I look at the Her Campus pages of the schools I was considering, just to try and get a feel for the student body. Then when I arrived here, my orientation leader mentioned that she was one of the coordinators for Her Campus. I had completely forgotten about it, but decided it seemed like fun, so I joined. I really enjoy the fact that I get to work with such amazing people and help contribute to something that may potentially help some high school senior have more insight into some of the things women here have fun writing and talking about.

HC: What attracted you to Brandeis?

ERF: Honestly it was exactly halfway between my sister’s college and my best friend’s college, which I thought was a funny coincidence. So I looked into it further and it ended up having a lot of the traits I was looking for in a school: the commitment to social justice, focus on research, medium size, etc. Then I found out about the midyear program and it was a perfect fit because I was planning on taking a gap year anyways, so it all just worked out and here I am!

HC: What’s one thing on your Brandeis bucketlist?

ERF: Definitely sledding down the hill by the library.

Quick Facts

Favorite spot on campus: The second floor of Mandel, with all of the study space and the chairs facing the windows.

Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones or Freaks and Geeks

Favorite song: I like a lot of different songs for different moods, but overall probably “Girl From the North Country” sung by Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash

Sherman or Usdan: Upper Usdan before Sherman, but Sherman before lower Usdan