This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

A Little Wiser currently exists as a Facebook and Instagram page dedicated to inspiring others to become “wiser every day.” A Little Wiser (ALW) is still in the beginning stages of development and has tons of really exciting things in the works! I sat down with Rebecca Wiser, creator of ALW and fellow Her Campus writer, to learn more about this awesome brand.

Her Campus: What inspired you to create A Little Wiser?

Rebecca Wiser: The idea for A Little Wiser actually came to me in the middle of the night! At around 3 a.m. the name popped into my head and right then and there, I created a Facebook/Instagram account and a logo. I’ve always been obsessed with personal development and truly believe that each day is an opportunity to become a little kinder, better, smarter, healthier, and wiser.

HC: What’s your main purpose or goal for A Little Wiser?

RW: There have been so many times when I open up a book or am walking outside and I see a quote or a phrase that resonates so deeply with me. It seems to come at the perfect time and feels as though I am being guided. My intention for A Little Wiser is to bring that sense of comfort, guidance, and inspiration to the world. Social media is so often flooded with tragic news stories or the picture-perfect lives of others that make us question our own. But these sites also can act as a medium to enhance our lives and bring people together.   

HC: How do you live your life with these tips and inspiration in mind?

RW: Throughout the past few years, I’ve incorporated daily rituals that have added so much value and joy to my life. The greatest, most important one being my morning routine. I do my best to make sure the first thoughts I think right when I awaken are positive and uplifting. Rather than feeding into the stress and pressures of everyday life, I think it’s essential  to take a moment for gratitude — because there is always something to be thankful for.

HC: Do you have a favorite inspirational word, phrase, or quote?

RW: Marianne Williamson’s “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?”

HC: How can people who are interested follow A Little Wiser? Are you doing any events? RW: You can follow A Little Wiser on Facebook and Instagram! You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter for lots more wisdom, blog posts, videos, and more.  Stay tuned for some exciting new campaigns and online workshops to come soon!