This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Lights, Camera, Liquid Latex! I had the honor of painting a few of the courageous Brandeisians who strutted their stuff on stage this past Tuesday, wearing nothing but underwear and, of course, latex paint! A combination of intricate latex paint designs, groovy tunes, and creative choreography, gave every act its own unique look and feel. If you didn’t get a chance to see the crazy-awesome performances, below is a play-by-play of each act, courtesy of the Liquid Latex Program:

Pirates of the Caribbean: “Hang the code, hang the rules, and hide the rum! Presenting the classic trilogy as you’ve never seen it before… Join Captain Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner on an epic adventure as they do battle with your favorite villains: Captain Barbossa, Davy Jones, and Lord Beckett! These have got to be the best pirates you’ve ever seen!”

FernGully: “Welcome to the magical forest of FernGully, home of the fairies. When a human wanders in to the forest an ancient evil is released. Do the fairies stand a chance against it?”

The World of Pixar: “In this Runway piece, classic Pixar films are reimagined in the eccentric and fun liquid latex style. The films featured are Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, WALL-E, and Up. Like Pixar, we use detailed designs and bright graphics to immerse you in the animated world of all the movies— using latex paint!”

Prince of Egypt: “This commentary, on our post Skrillex society, takes place in a parallel Egyptian techno kink dystopia where Jews are enslaved by techno music. Moses frees the Jews, but their fate remains grim.”

Grease: “Take a time machine back to the ‘50s as we relive the classic romance between Sandy and Danny on stage! Join the T-Birds and the Pink Ladies as we go on a rock and roll adventure through the wild times at Rydell High!”

[pagebreak]

Rocky Horror: “Brad Majors and Janet Weiss were two normal kids on a night out, when their cab broke down near a mysterious castle. They just wanted to use the phone, but Dr. Frank N. Furter had other plans. With the help of Riff Raff, Magenta, Columbia, and Eddie, this would be a night out they were going to remember for a very long time…”

The Veldt (The World that the Children Made): “Inspired loosely by the story of Peter Pan and the Ray Bradbury short story ‘The Veldt,’ this dark re-imagining of the children’s classic explores the themes of innocence, youth, and growing up.”

And the Oscar Goes To: “ ‘And the Oscar goes to…’ is an homage to the prestigious award, presented through a selection of Best Picture winners from the past twenty years. The Oscars are a crucial part of the movie industry and deserve their moment in the spotlight! Each movie obtains her award through a display of art, music and dance. The movies included are Shakespeare in Love (1998), American Beauty (1999), Slumdog Millionaire (2008), Lord of the Rings: The Return of the
King (2003), Gladiator (2000), Chicago (2002), and Titanic (1997).”

Adurna: “What’s that? Something spooky. Our dance brings together horror movies, classic and campy alike, to tell the tale of an evil witch who assembles a mélange of monsters to do her bidding. But can she keep them in line forever? Be prepared to be scared!”

Snow White and the Three Divas: “The Evil Queen and her BFFLs, the Mirrors, are getting ready for a night on the town when a wrench is thrown into their plans: Snow White. As Snow White, with help from her posse of Divas, snags major hottie, the Prince, will their true love be strong enough to survive the night? Or, will dark magic rule the day, with the Evil Queen snatching away her ‘happily ever after?’ ”

Once again, a huge shout-out to all of the performers, you were all fantastic! And let’s give a big round-of-applause to the directors, choreographers, painters, tech guys, and security team for making the show possible!

I love watching movies, reading, writing, being a ginger, singing, dancing, acting, and attending Brandeis University.
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.