Katie Reinhold ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2019

Hometown: Southern California

Majors: HSSP and Hispanic Studies

Minor: Legal Studies

Her Campus: Most memorable summer moment?

Katie Reinhold: Every year, we go to a family camp on Catalina Island. I’ve gone pretty much every year since I was 7 or 8 years old, so this was the final summer before I left for college which is why having that extended weekend with my family was extra special.

HC: Why Brandeis?

KR: The community here and every interaction that I had had with faculty and students were really great. Everyone is just so happy to be here which makes Brandeis such a positive community where everybody truly loves what they’re doing.

HC: So you were Peter Pan in the 24 Hour Musical—what was your initial reaction after receiving the role?

KR: I was pretty overwhelmed because I had initially anticipated hanging out with the ensemble for 24 hours and just getting to know people on campus. I was so reassured by the great team of musical directors. I calmed down quickly and felt ready!

HC: I assume that you have some previous acting experience. What were some of the musicals that you did? Which role was your favorite and why?

KR: I’ve been in musical theatre since I was 7 years old, so I’m not a complete stranger to the theatre; however, I’ve never been a part of a program where I was challenged to put on a show in the span of 24 hours. Most recently, I was the voice of Audrey II, the villainous plant in Little Shop of Horrors. It’s typically played by a strong voiced male so I was also surprised to get that role, but I loved it!

HC: What else are you involved with on campus?

KR: I recently got involved with Amnesty International and Project Plus One. I will actually be going to the Dominican Republic with Project Plus One this December!

HC: Brandeis has a slew of unique clubs and organizations (juggling, anyone?). What’s one that you have yet to do but hope to explore during your time at Brandeis?

KR: I would actually like to play on the Quidditch team at some point in my Brandeis career.

HC: Favorite Class at Brandeis so far?

KR: I love my American Health Care class. It’s a really engaging course. It covers issues that we should all know about but that we don’t necessarily take the time to learn.

HC: If you had the opportunity to teach a class about anything, what would you teach about?

KR: I would teach a class about cultures because I don’t know very much about different cultures but I would like to learn about them and consequently be able to teach a class about cultures around the world.

HC: What do you hope to accomplish before the end of this year?

KR: The 24 hour musical was at the top of that list! I would like to get more involved in other clubs that have caught my eye.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

KR: I’m thinking about Law school. If not that or potentially in addition to that, possibly working on some kind of global health care initiative or other project abroad or even developing policy in our country.

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

KR: Passionate, Curious, and Fun-loving.

Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.