Joanna Murphy ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Majors: Film & Theater

Hometown: Sarasota,Fl

On-Campus Activities: Film Club, Theater rehearsals, Adagio Dance, Brandeis Varsity Swim Team

Swim/Brandeis:

• Where would you have gone to college if you did not choose Brandeis?

J: I would’ve have swam for Duquesne, but I’m very happy in my decision. I love Brandeis University

• Why did you choose to swim for Brandeis?

Because I love swimming

• Best part about swimming for Brandeis?

Being a part of the athletic family. I like being able to represent my school.

• What do you do when you aren’t swimming for Brandeis?

I go to my play rehearsals, act in films, hang out with my friends, sleep, excersise, eat, and avoid boring activities as often as possible.

• Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

20 years: I will be 39, I see myself playing my first mom role in a film, which will be a hard blow to fully realize my youth has faded… and I also see myself at this time writing a lot about the wilderness, and maybe producing some actual children of my own.

• If you could play for any other team which would it be?

The Baseball team lol!!! Just kidding kinda… I’m not bad at volleyball, I wouldn’t mind doing that.

Film/Theater

• Who is your biggest inspiration on screen?

I love Jennifer Lawrence and Jessica Chastain

• What movie would you want to star in if they made a remake?

Amanda Bynes in Shes the Man. I also think I could play a good Katy Heron from Mean Girls, but in all honesty I might be best at acting like a witch or something… trying that out right now

• What role do you think you could most efficiently play?

-Any role???! Omg I’d absolutely lovvvveeeee to play Sandy!!!! Or Rizzo….maybe not I just love Grease. I also wouldn’t mind playing Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray.

• Which actresses most resembles your acting style?

-Emma Stone and or Jennifer Lawrence, because they can be silly and serious

Fun Facts

• Single or Taken:

Single

• Favorite Movies

Good Will Hunting, Silence of the Lambs, Chucky, or Perks of being a Wallflower

– Favorite Fictional Character

Holden Caulifield from Catcher in the Rye

• Favorite Color

BRIGHT GREEN

• Dream Date

My dream date would be the following:

A boy who I really like would ask me out. He’d pick me up in his car on a stormy night. We’d go to Baskin Robbins to just talk and laugh. After he would pull over somewhere to show me the Boston skyline and we’d start dancing outside in the rain to the music playing from his car. We would fall in love. And then go swimming somewhere. Suddenly, an asteroid would hit nearby and we would go to check it out. The both of us would get superpowers from the asteroid and the world would become our playground.

The End.

• Celeb Crush

Ryan Gosling

If you were on Sex & The City, which character, do you relate to the most & why?

I hate Sex in the City… so I wouldn’t want to any of those basic humans.

• Favorite Pop band

I freaking love Arctic Monkeys but that’s not really pop

• Hardest workout you’ve had at Gosman

Something swimming related, and I was sore for days, Years!

DEIS FAST FACTS

• Sherman or Usdan?

Sherman girl 4ever

Favorite place on campus?

Massell pond- either in it or under the willow (joking about the In it part… sort of)

• Favorite C-store snag?

Honey Wheat pretzels

• Favorite meal from Usdan?

Oatmeal with peanut butter

• If you could say anything to Louie Brandeis what would it be?

Thank you

• Brandeis Parties… what are your thoughts?

Hey if you have the right friends, or even the right attitude and party techniques, anything is possible. I have a freaking great time. If there’s not a party- Make one. Or if the party sucks- make it not suck

• If you could eat lunch with anyone in the world who would it be?

My family

Final Thoughts:

Holla at ME

Repping the 305. From Miami to Boston. Likes: House music, Tuna Fish, Rom Coms, Sunshine Dislikes: Track, Roller coasters, Snakes
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.