How to Manage Your Work Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

If you’re like me, you are very excited for a break from school after a crazy amount of work in the past few weeks. Break is when you do not have to get up every morning, sit through classes, and get all your work done for the next day.

However, if you’re also like me and still have an enormous amount of work to accomplish over break, then check out these tips to get your work done over this break:

1. Give yourself some leeway

Let’s be honest, first few days of break you are not going to be itching to get that essay due in a week and a half done. You’re going to want to chill out and sleep and not think about school for a sec. So for the first day or two or even three of break, just relax and detox from all those late nights you pulled last week. Sleep is important in getting your work done anyway, so give yourself some time to relax before diving into your books when you’re at home.

2. Make a schedule

You probably have a lot of free time this break, given that most of your friends will not be around to socialize with (unless they go to Binghamton). Therefore, it is important to structure your day so that you’re not just sitting on your couch all day. Make a schedule day-to-day as to what you want to accomplish when it comes to your work. If you make a schedule, then you just have to do the amount you planned to, and you can feel free to have a netflix marathon once you finish your work for the day that you planned to.

3. Wake up at a reasonable hour

Once the first few days of break are done with and it is time to crack down, you should probably not sleep until 1 or 2 in the afternoon because chances are, you won’t get out of bed until a little after that, then you have to eat and get ready for the day. By the time you know it, your day will be over and you’ve accomplished none of the work you intended. But if you wake up at a reasonable hour, you will have a full day ahead of you, and you won’t be stressed about finishing or not finishing what you had planned to for that day. So giving yourself a max amount of day time to get your work done by waking up on the earlier side will help you get cracking on your work.

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.