A Girl’s Guide to the Perfect Thanks-giv-ukkah Holiday Gift For Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

As if it isn’t already hard enough to find your man the perfect gift, now you have to make it work for both Hanukkah and Thanksgiving. But what could be better than turkey, family, friends, and of course stuffing on these eight days of gift giving? Everyone knows thanksgiving is all about splurging, but there is no need to fret. This guide will help steer you in the right direction for that seamless gift that is bound to make him forget about the stuffing.

If he enjoys celebrating the holidays with a few drinks, he is destined to love these gifts:

1.     A Cocktail Toolbox, found exclusively at Urban Outfitters. Now he can make you the perfect pumpkin spiked latte that will not only be delicious, but will keep you warm, too!

2.     Coasters that double as a drinking game, also found at Urban Outfitters. Don’t worry about leaving a mess, now you and him can focus on the game and celebrate the holidays worry-free! Winner gets… make a bet, nothing is better than a little friendly holiday competition!

If he’s the kind of guy that likes to stay warm during the holidays by more than just a hot drink, why not do so in style?

3. For under $100, he can look handsome and be warm with this 100% wool sweater at the Thanksgivukkah holiday dinner table. Jack Wills, thanks for coming through on this one!

4. You can’t go wrong with a cashmere scarf. This piece adds a little edge to his style. You get to make the gift personal too, by picking a pattern that completely fits him. JCrew has a great selection of men’s scarves, so now you have an excuse to buy yourself a little something, too!

And, if you’re ready to take your relationship to the next level for this holiday season, he will definitely expect something that doubles as useful and meaningful. Without a doubt, these jewelry statements will not only make him look good on the outside, but also feel good on the inside.

5. A hidden message tag necklace is a classic thought yet completely contemporary in nature. It is personal and can be inscribed with a special phrase of your choice that is meant for only he and you to share.

6. If you desire to make your message even more secret, you can do so in a timeless way by getting him a watch. Not only does this gift add class, but whenever he looks at the time he can open his watch and be reminded of you, by either a photo or a message.

Fun drinking games, wonderful ideas for warmth during these winter months, and fashion statement jewelry with a personal twist gives you a myriad of options to choose from to find the perfect gift for your man. Remember though, in the end the real gift he desires most is you and your fabulous self! Good luck!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.