Getting Rid of All Those Points!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

We all know that finals are stressful but even more stressful is thinking of all the points you have left. 400 points left? 350 points? 200 points? That’s money that you’ll never get back. So what can you do these last two weeks of classes to spend your points and not completely waste your money?

1. Ransack the C-store

As you read this, run to the C-store (hopefully there’s food left) and buy anything and everything. Rumor has it that once finals week comes around, they won’t re-stock so run. Right now. Don’t look back. (Get all those Odawala overpriced smoothies, the five hour energy drinks for finals, the Milanos, the Easy Macs!!)

2. Spread the Points

Invite your friends to a fancy “Curritos” dinner date. I’ve been doing this and my points balance has been spiraling down. So yeah, treat yo self and friends with some burritos and smoothies. Who doesn’t like guac?

3. Buy the cute kid behind you a latte

It’s 9 p.m. on finals week and you are buying lattes at the Starbucks before they close and there’s a cute kid behind you. What better way to talk to him than using the “I have so many points, can I pay for you?” small talk? Who knows, you might stay up  the whole night talking to this kid and then failing your finals, no big deal.

4. Class Snacks

Are you one of the 200 people in gen chem? Or the 100 people in intro to Psych? Buy donuts and snacks for everyone. Your small seminar class could use some coffee and cookies.

5.Donate

Having so many points at the end of the second semester is a hassle, but wht if you used those points for the greater good? Buy canned foods and water and donate them to shelters and charities. End the semester serving others!

Hola! I am a first year from Puerto Rico. I'm passionate about writing, feminism, social justice, and health.
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.