This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Majors: Theater and Environmental Studies

Her Campus: Why did you decide to do the 24-Hour Musical?

Gabi Nail: I wasn’t even going to audition… I’m a total perfectionist with performing and wasn’t even sure how you could pull off a show in 24 hours. I thought I would drive myself insane! But my orientation leader was one of the Directors this year and encouraged me to get involved. I told her I couldn’t make the auditions this year and she said “sing for me now”… and I did.

HC: What was the best and worst part about doing the 24-Hour Musical?

GN: The best part was the challenge of the show. There was no time to beat myself up about my performance or be worried about singing something off key because I had no choice. I had to sing right then and there. The most negative part of the process was definitely the lack of sleep. I’m still recovering from that!

HC: What was your favorite memory from the 24-Hour Musical?

GN: The finale song- We Go Together. Everyone knew the whole song was a complete mess but we still had our arms around each other. We were singing the same line over and over again. Everything was as messy as it was supposed to be.

HC: Would you do it again?

GN: Yeah… yeah [laughs] next time the show would be easier though because I would know more people. Also, I wasn’t expecting to be the lead and I felt a lot of pressure from that at first.

HC: Were you excited to do Grease and play Sandy?

GN: I have never performed Grease and that was fun. I’ve seen the movie a bunch of times, and know the story well, but after playing Sandy I realized I really don’t like her. The message she’s sending to girls is so negative… It was interesting to find that out and play her anyways.

Favorites:

Favorite hobby:

GN: Singing in my room

Favorite Food:

GN: Pasta with lots of cheese and tomato sauce

Favorite Actress:

GN: Meryl Streep

Favorite Place to Hang out On Campus:

GN: My friend’s room

Guilty Pleasure:

GN: Watching Travel Shows 

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.