Gabby Warshay ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Gabby Warshay

Year: 2018

Hometown: Providence, Rhode Island

Majors: Anthropology, HSSP

Minors: Economics, Peace and Conflict Studies

Her Campus: Most memorable summer moment?

Gabby Warshaw: I traveled to Slovenia with my dad. He was doing business there and I got to travel with him and tour the country. The country, which I had never even heard of is basically double the size of Rhode Island, but it was so beautiful. I am really happy I got to see such a different part of the world.

HC: Why Brandeis?

GW: Choosing a college was really difficult but once I decided to take a gap year, I was a lot more optimistic about looking at schools. I saw Brandeis and realized it was such a great atmosphere of students and faculty. People just seemed really happy here and I wanted to be a part of that.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

GW: I am involved in J Street, I work at a Hebrew school off campus, I’m a chatter in Admissions, and I’m also a part of Kinetic (shout out to Kinetic!) which is a really cool startup think tank here at Brandeis. In Kinetic, I am in an environmental sustainability group and we work on public policy proposals and social action initiatives. It is all in the beginning stages right now but pretty exciting.

HC: Brandeis has a slew of unique clubs and organizations (Cheese club, anyone?). What’s one that you have yet to do but hope to explore during your time at Brandeis?

GW: Students for Environmental Action (SEA) because the club tackles environmental issues which I believe should be on everybody’s radar, but often are not. Also, I’d love to apply to be an admissions ambassador.

HC: Favorite Class at Brandeis so far?

GW: Introduction to Anthropology with Sarah Lamb. Sarah Lamb is a rock star. The class presented me with such a cool way to look at the world. Having taken a gap year in Israel and coming to Brandeis afterwards, I just think that this was an awesome class to start off with.

HC: What do you hope to accomplish before the end of this year?

GW: Get a fun summer job.

Fun Facts:

Favorite Artist: The Avett Brothers

Place you hope to travel to: India

Hidden Talent: I never lose a game of knockout

Guilty Pleasure: Watching ‘Friends’

Favorite thing to do on the weekend: Take a walk into and around Waltham with my friends

Favorite Waltham Hotspot: Little India

Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.