Fall Fest 2014 Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

This year’s Fall Fest: Family Game Night is sending a lot of fun activities your way. Whether you are flying solo with your friends or your family is coming into town to visit, there will not be a dull moment. Early Registration begins Thursday at 5 PM in the SCC and continues until 9 PM! Registration continues Friday at 9 AM. Check out some  highlights from each day! The full schedule can be found here and the link for Brandeis Tickets can be found here. Check out Her Campus’ event with more info here and the Facebook event here.  

Thursday 10/23:

1) A Night Under the Stars – the Astronomy club will be opening the Observatory deck for families and students! Join them and explore the gorgeous fall night sky! Stargaze like you have never before!

2) ThinkFast Game Show – get the chance to play some of your favorite game shows in Sherman Function Hall! Starting at 9 PM test your trivia skills with this super fun game and get the chance to win tickets to Dave Coulier or $200 in cash!

Friday 10/24:

1) Visit the Rose Art Museum – join your families and explore the new exhibits at the Rose museum this semester. Open from noon to five this is a great chance to take a study break and spend some quality time with your families!

2) Shear Madness and Hard Rock Café – want to get off campus with your visiting family members and take in some Boston improve theatre? Shear Madness is a hysterical improv show that should not be missed! A trip to Hard Rock Café? This is an amazing opportunity to explore some major highlights of Boston! Tickets can be purchased at the Brandeis Ticket Booth!

3) Hillel’s Shabbat Dinner – join Hillel at Brandeis and the other visiting families for a warm, welcoming and fun Friday night dinner. Located in Levin Ballroom, Brandeis students can sign up for dinner at Sherman and tickets for out of town guests can be purchased at the ticket booth.

4) Sit Down and Stand Up with Dave Coulier – were you that kid who watched Full House re-runs endlessly? Now you get to hear Uncle Joey perform his comedy LIVE! Make sure you get your tickets at the ticket booth! It’s just $5 for Brandeis students and $15 for the regular ticket price. Get your tickets now and head down to Gosman for some amazing laughs.

Saturday 10/25:

1)   Salem – get the chance to explore this classic MA town! Salem pulls out all the stops around Halloween and this will be an unforgettable trip and a great way to spend time with your visitors off campus! Tickets can be bought at the Ticket Booth. Board the buses at 9:45 AM or 3:30 PM

2)   Brandeis Players presents Angels in America Part One: Millennium Approaches – with many performances throughout the weekend, make sure to check out Brandeis Players’ performance of Tony Kushner’s Pulitzer Prize winner play! Tickets are $5 or $3 for students and available through Brandeis Tickets.

3)   Annual Fall Fest Variety Show – get the chance to see performances from all different groups on campus! This is an annual and favorite tradition of Fall Fest. The students who perform are excited to show off their talent. There will be student perfomance groups and individual students showing their stuff on stage! You won’t want to miss this!

Sunday 10/26:

1)   Chabad 5K – Chabad at Brandeis will be doing their annual 5K race. Whether you want to cheer on the students or run it will be a great event! Registration costs $25 for non-Brandeis students, $15 for Brandeis students and $10 for children (under the age of 12). You can register in advance through Brandeis Tickets or at the door starting at 9 AM.  Registration the day of is $30 dollars for non-Brandeis students and $20 dollars for Brandeis students! The race begins at 10!

2)   Carnival on the Great Lawn – another Fall Fest favorite! Join our student groups as they help welcome our visitors and families. Student organizations will be running activities for visiting families and children on the Great Lawn from 12-4 and there will be a petting zoo from 12:30-4.

Monday 10/27:

1)   Open Classes – want to get a sense of what your children are learning? There will be a selection of open classes your visitors can sit in on! The list can be found here: http://www.brandeis.edu/studentaffairs/activities/fallfest/images/Fall_Fest_Monday_Classes.pdf

2)   Men’s Soccer – our men’s soccer team has been doing incredibly well! Help the Brandeis community cheer them on to what we hope will be another victory! 

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.