This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2015

Major/Minor: B.S. in Biology/ Chemistry

Hometown: Boston, Mass. 

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?

Do Dang: I was the previous president for the Brandeis Asian American Students Association, but this year I’m more of a helping hand for the organization. I’m currently affiliated with the East Coast Asian American Student Union (ECAASU) and planning the next conference at Harvard in February. I’m also a tutor for Waltham Group, a member of the BPA steering committee, and I serve happiness in the form of a warm bagel at Einstein’s.

HC: What do you plan to do after graduation?

DD: I want to take a couple post-bac classes in the Boston area, hopefully find a research position, and apply for medical school.

HC: What’s the best part of being at Brandeis?

DD: I love being with my best friends/suitemates. It’s always an adventure with them. The education is a nice bonus.

HC: What are you most excited for this semester?

DD: I am excited to finally graduate! I have almost come to terms with my time at Brandeis and ready to make the next big step forward in life.

HC: What do you do with your spare time at Brandeis? Do you have much spare time with all you do?

DD: When I’m not hanging with my suitemates, I like to lay in bed and watch anime or some other television show. I shouldn’t have that much spare time, but I can’t resist being a potato in bed.

HC: How do you destress?

DD: I play League of Legends and violently yell at my computer screen at the top of my lungs. It’s very cathartic.

Favorites:

Movie: I don’t have a particular favorite but I love a cute rom-com or feel-good movie.

Book: Definitely have not read enough books to choose a favorite.

TV Show: Hey Arnold! or either series of Avatar. I can watch reruns forever.

Food on Campus: CURRITOS! I always have underclassmen points me there.

Favorite class at Brandeis: Field Biology with Professor Olson. He’s an overall great person and a wonderful professor and you get to raise a caterpillar.

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.