This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel like I’m stuck in a rut with my on-campus eating. I always go for the same things, and though I may like them, I start to get a little bored and anxious for a change. If you can relate to this, never fear! I have made a few discoveries that I use to slightly vary my meals and make them a little more interesting and hopefully delicious!

If you’re in Sherman…

· One word: breadsticks. Now I know this may not seem like much of a hack since Sherman has been serving a lot of these recently, but trust me. They are warm, seasoned, and a great option along with a salad or whatever main protein is being served that night. Never underestimate the power of a good piece of bread.

· Hummus and tabbouleh. Sometimes Sherman puts out a nice spread of these Mediterranean dips along with carrot and celery sticks.  It’s usually located between the sandwiches and the pizza, and is worth checking out.  Hummus is filling and a good source of protein for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike! I like to get a small bowl of hummus and an array of veggies or even grilled chicken and dip away!

If you’re in Usdan…

· At Tossed (the salad place), I like to go for the Lemon Tahini dressing. It is not always available so be sure to ask, but whenever I see it I have to get it. It is light and slightly lemony without being too strong. I like this dressing because it coats the lettuce and gives the salad flavor without being too heavy where you feel like your salad is drowning in dressing!  Also, if they have something unique at Tossed that you don’t normally see out (like feta cheese), get it! Who knows the next time they may put it out…trust me I’ve learned the hard way.

· At Louis’s Deli, try getting your sandwich on a wrap. You may feel slightly healthier, but it also keeps your sandwich neatly and tightly together, instead of falling out of the bun and becoming a mess you need to eat with a fork!

· At Curritos, try the Meditterean or Teriyaki wrap if you aren’t in the mood for a traditional Mexican burrito. These two wraps are filled with ingredients that don’t remind you of a typical burrito, and make you feel more like you are eating a unique and tasty wrap!

· In Lower, as in Sherman, if the dips station is open I would definitely take advantage of it! This is located on the other side of the desserts table, and when it isn’t filled with puddings or cobblers, it is home to different types of spreads including salsa and spicy hummus. They also have chips and veggies for dipping!

· Also in Lower, be sure to look at the sandwich area. This is a station I tend to overlook, but sometimes there are good premade sandwiches just waiting to be pressed in those Panini presses! I don’t know what it is, but a sandwich is always better heated and pressed. 

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.