This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Everybody get excited because…

Well, almost. Halloween is a week away, and with midterms (hopefully) past, its time to focus on everybody’s favorite holiday. What better way to get in the spirit than watching a few Halloween classics?  Even though the days of trick-or-treating are long past us, it doesn’t mean that we can’t still enjoy our favorite childhood Halloween movies.  Get ready to binge watch, all these movies are on Netflix or Amazon instant!

Hocus Pocus

“It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus” are Max’s famous last words before he sets the Sanderson sisters loose from their three hundred year old curse by lighting the black-flame candle.  Sheesh, Max, even your little sister Dani knows a virgin should never light the candle!

Halloweentown

Aggie is definitely the coolest grandmother.  Who wouldn’t want a magical grandma who lives in what is arguably the best fictional town? 

Harry Potter

While the Harry Potter films may not strictly be considered Halloween movies, they include more than enough witches, spells, and magical creatures to give it a place on this list.  Plus, who doesn’t love a good Harry Potter binge watch?  

Beetlejuice

This movie is definitely a weird one, but come on, would you expect any less from Tim Burton?

The Addams Family

There’s nothing like a little dose of creepy from the twisted Addams family to get you in the Halloween spirit.  Just be grateful you don’t have Wednesday Addams for a big sister. 

The Nightmare Before Christmas

You’re mom definitely showed this to you when you were little, not realizing that animation doesn’t necessarily equal kid friendly.  If you haven’t touched it since, you should.  This deliciously creepy film is perfect for getting in the Halloween spirit plus the Claymation is gorgeous. 

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing. 
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.