Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Celebrities

Sara Goldman '13

By Talia Hirsch
April 11, 2013 - 6:25pm

Year: 2013 Hometown: Marlboro, NJ Major/minor: Politics, Legal studies and environmental studies minor Tell me about your involvement SDT! I’ve been a part of the sorority for three years and I’ve held numerous positions and it’s taught me how to work well with others, and budget my time well. What is your favorite SDT memory? I love making crazy costumes for mixers, because they all have such crazy themes. I’d have to say my favorite one was the army themed party we had. How did you get involved with Rent the Runway? READ MORE

Clarence Lee '15

By Marissa Cecala
April 4, 2013 - 4:00pm

The Mr. Brandeis Pageant is sponsored by Brandeis Relay for Life, Student Events, and SAAC, and will take place on Thursday, April 11th at 7pm at Gosman. This week, I had the privlidge of interviewing Clarence Lee ’15, who is a contestant in the Mr. Brandeis Pageant! Hometown: Champaign, Illinois
Major: Economics READ MORE

Kasey Dean '14

By Dora Chi
March 22, 2013 - 10:24pm

READ MORE

Matt Peabody '13

By Haemee Kang
March 14, 2013 - 1:30pm

During an hour-long interview over coffee at Einsteins, I had the pleasure of getting to know fellow senior, Matt Peabody.  An athlete and active contributor to campus activity, Peabody values giving back to the community, and being a good friend. Though the initial focus was on his involvement with this year's Relay for Life as emcee for the Mr. Brandeis pageant, the interview developed to shed light on what keeps Brandeis University's Men's Soccer Team so close together.  Peabody opened up with ease during the interview, stating, "If you don't open to anybody, you're never gonna actually get to know anyone."  Hometown: Maine Major/minor: Philosophy major/Econ minor READ MORE

Clayton Campbell '13

By Lauren Katz
March 13, 2013 - 9:36pm

Hometown:  Newport News, VA Major/Minor:  Philosophy/Women's & Gender Studies, Economics I hear you've been selected as a judge for the Relay For Life Mr.Brandeis pageant. Have you participated in Relay For Life before? Why do you Relay? READ MORE

Jennifer Recinos

By Andrea Stern
March 13, 2013 - 11:41am

Year: 4th year Junior, TYP Scholar Major: Film and IGS Minor: Anthropology 1. How do you like being a CA in the castle? Does living there make you feel royal? I enjoy it, my residents are cool cats. During training it was very scary to be the only one living there in the dark. You hear weird noises and the wind sounds like howling at night. It’s rough living away from all my friends that live in grad. My grandma calls me a queen ever since I told her about my position in the castle, which is sweet. I guess it has its perks haha.
  READ MORE

Bronte Velez '16

By Elizabeth Rauner
March 6, 2013 - 9:27pm

Hometown: Atlanta, GA. Major/minor: Hoping to do an interdisciplinary study with Applied Theatre and Peace and Conflict Studies with a double minor in Afro-American Studies and Social Justice and Social Policy. You're known to be quite the dancer, how did you get into dancing as a child? Or if it was later in life, what was the inspiration? READ MORE

Lauren Cimbol '14

By Talia Hirsch
February 13, 2013 - 1:53am

Hometown: Forest Hills, NY Major/minor: NEJS/ Anthropology & IGS Tell me about your involvement in Sigma Delta Tau! I joined my first semester at Brandeis, and it was a great way for me as a midyear to adjust to campus life. I’ve made some amazing friends, and there were a lot of opportunities for leadership as well so I knew I wanted to take advantage of that. Wow! So what positions have you held? I was recruitment chair last fall, and now I’m the vice president of our chapter. I love the organization so much, so it’s been great to help maintain traditions and help shape the sorority for the future. Tell me about NEJS (Near Eastern Jewish Studies)! READ MORE

Aziz Sohail '13

By Haemee Kang
February 12, 2013 - 10:48pm

Major/minor: Art History/History
Nationality: Pakistani
Ethnicity: Pakistani
Relationship Status: SINGLE :D READ MORE

Jordan Bailey Brandt '16

By Talia Hirsch
February 6, 2013 - 6:14pm

Hometown: Washington, D.C. Majors: HSSP/Biology Tell us about your involvement with FaceAIDS: FaceAids is the youth movement for Partners in Health, and we raise awareness and fundraise as a part of them. One of the ways we fundraise is by selling pins made by people with AIDS in Rwanda to help them pay for drugs and medicines. Wow that’s amazing! Is it a big time commitment? Well we have weekly meetings and I’m also the treasurer of the group, but it’s all really worth it and meaningful. That’s great. You’re also in SDT? READ MORE