Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Celebrities

Jennifer Recinos

By Andrea Stern
March 13, 2013 - 11:41am

Year: 4th year Junior, TYP Scholar Major: Film and IGS Minor: Anthropology 1. How do you like being a CA in the castle? Does living there make you feel royal? I enjoy it, my residents are cool cats. During training it was very scary to be the only one living there in the dark. You hear weird noises and the wind sounds like howling at night. It’s rough living away from all my friends that live in grad. My grandma calls me a queen ever since I told her about my position in the castle, which is sweet. I guess it has its perks haha.
  READ MORE

Bronte Velez '16

By Elizabeth Rauner
March 6, 2013 - 9:27pm

Hometown: Atlanta, GA. Major/minor: Hoping to do an interdisciplinary study with Applied Theatre and Peace and Conflict Studies with a double minor in Afro-American Studies and Social Justice and Social Policy. You're known to be quite the dancer, how did you get into dancing as a child? Or if it was later in life, what was the inspiration? READ MORE

Lauren Cimbol '14

By Talia Hirsch
February 13, 2013 - 1:53am

Hometown: Forest Hills, NY Major/minor: NEJS/ Anthropology & IGS Tell me about your involvement in Sigma Delta Tau! I joined my first semester at Brandeis, and it was a great way for me as a midyear to adjust to campus life. I’ve made some amazing friends, and there were a lot of opportunities for leadership as well so I knew I wanted to take advantage of that. Wow! So what positions have you held? I was recruitment chair last fall, and now I’m the vice president of our chapter. I love the organization so much, so it’s been great to help maintain traditions and help shape the sorority for the future. Tell me about NEJS (Near Eastern Jewish Studies)! READ MORE

Aziz Sohail '13

By Haemee Kang
February 12, 2013 - 10:48pm

Major/minor: Art History/History
Nationality: Pakistani
Ethnicity: Pakistani
Relationship Status: SINGLE :D READ MORE

Jordan Bailey Brandt '16

By Talia Hirsch
February 6, 2013 - 6:14pm

Hometown: Washington, D.C. Majors: HSSP/Biology Tell us about your involvement with FaceAIDS: FaceAids is the youth movement for Partners in Health, and we raise awareness and fundraise as a part of them. One of the ways we fundraise is by selling pins made by people with AIDS in Rwanda to help them pay for drugs and medicines. Wow that’s amazing! Is it a big time commitment? Well we have weekly meetings and I’m also the treasurer of the group, but it’s all really worth it and meaningful. That’s great. You’re also in SDT? READ MORE

Aliza Gans '15

By Morgan Montgomery-Rice
February 6, 2013 - 6:07pm

Hometown:  Woodbridge, CT Majors: Anthropology and Creative Writing So I hear you took a year off before coming to Brandeis—What did you do while you were in Israel? I studied Fine Art at the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, Israel.  I'd never been away from home for more than a month before, so my gap year was an invaluable opportunity for me to get my shpilkes out before college, gain some independence in an exciting foreign country, and acquire new approaches to art. Can you tell me about Brandeis Beats? Can you give us some information about the DEIS Impact event that you guys are involved with? READ MORE

Hirvelt Megie ‘15

By Emily Beker
January 30, 2013 - 11:12pm

Majors:  Neuroscience and Psychology Her Campus:  Where are you from?  Hirvelt Megie:  I am a Haitian descendant from Brooklyn, NY. HC:  What clubs are you involved in on campus? HM:  Unfortunately, I am currently not involved in any clubs this semester however I was once part of Brandeis African Student Org. and The Haitian Initiative. READ MORE

Trevor Kafka '15

By Emily Beker
January 24, 2013 - 9:57pm

READ MORE

Benji Bernstein '15

By Talia Hirsch
January 17, 2013 - 9:18pm

Hometown: Montclair, NJ Year: 2015 Majors: Econ/Philosophy   Her Campus: What are you involved in at Brandeis? Benji Bernstein: I’m a student events coordinator, a member of Phi Kappa Psi, a Waltham group Spectrum coordinator and the host of two radio shows on WBRS.   HC: Wow, talk about being involved! How do you manage your time? READ MORE

Sivan Levine '13

By Morgan Montgomery-Rice
December 20, 2012 - 9:41pm

Hometown: Miami, Florida
Major: American Studies
Minor: Business READ MORE