Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Celebrities

Riayn Rosenstock '15

By Talia Hirsch
April 22, 2013 - 9:21pm

Major:
 Business/ Minor: Legal studies Hometown: Avon, CT HC: What is your involvement in Alex's Lemonade Stand? RR: I was first introduced to the foundation when I was in middle school. I sold lemonade with my friends on weekends. Then I got more involved in the foundation with my family. My mom designed the signature necklace for the foundation. It has been a remarkable and awarding experience for all. READ MORE

Shayna Rubenstein '16

By Elizabeth Rauner
April 19, 2013 - 12:55am

Hometown: Lexington, MA
Major/Minor: Double Major in Biology and Sociology, going to try to minor in Hispanic Studies

What clubs are you a part of on campus? I am involved in Hillel by being on the First Year Council this year and chairing Hillel at Brandeis and Mitzvah Corp's event "Share Your Hair." I tap with Hooked on Tap, dance with the Adagio Dance Company and I have been the costume designer for two shows at Brandeis (Bat Boy as the assistant costume designer and Seussical as one of the two co-costume designers)!

How did you get so involved with these activities? READ MORE

Anna Bessendorf '15

By Elizabeth Rauner
April 12, 2013 - 6:05pm

READ MORE

Sara Goldman '13

By Talia Hirsch
April 11, 2013 - 6:25pm

Year: 2013 Hometown: Marlboro, NJ Major/minor: Politics, Legal studies and environmental studies minor Tell me about your involvement SDT! I’ve been a part of the sorority for three years and I’ve held numerous positions and it’s taught me how to work well with others, and budget my time well. What is your favorite SDT memory? I love making crazy costumes for mixers, because they all have such crazy themes. I’d have to say my favorite one was the army themed party we had. How did you get involved with Rent the Runway? READ MORE

Clarence Lee '15

By Marissa Cecala
April 4, 2013 - 4:00pm

The Mr. Brandeis Pageant is sponsored by Brandeis Relay for Life, Student Events, and SAAC, and will take place on Thursday, April 11th at 7pm at Gosman. This week, I had the privlidge of interviewing Clarence Lee ’15, who is a contestant in the Mr. Brandeis Pageant! Hometown: Champaign, Illinois
Major: Economics READ MORE

Kasey Dean '14

By Dora Chi
March 22, 2013 - 10:24pm

READ MORE

Matt Peabody '13

By Haemee Kang
March 14, 2013 - 1:30pm

During an hour-long interview over coffee at Einsteins, I had the pleasure of getting to know fellow senior, Matt Peabody.  An athlete and active contributor to campus activity, Peabody values giving back to the community, and being a good friend. Though the initial focus was on his involvement with this year's Relay for Life as emcee for the Mr. Brandeis pageant, the interview developed to shed light on what keeps Brandeis University's Men's Soccer Team so close together.  Peabody opened up with ease during the interview, stating, "If you don't open to anybody, you're never gonna actually get to know anyone."  Hometown: Maine Major/minor: Philosophy major/Econ minor READ MORE

Clayton Campbell '13

By Lauren Katz
March 13, 2013 - 9:36pm

Hometown:  Newport News, VA Major/Minor:  Philosophy/Women's & Gender Studies, Economics I hear you've been selected as a judge for the Relay For Life Mr.Brandeis pageant. Have you participated in Relay For Life before? Why do you Relay? READ MORE

Jennifer Recinos

By Andrea Stern
March 13, 2013 - 11:41am

Year: 4th year Junior, TYP Scholar Major: Film and IGS Minor: Anthropology 1. How do you like being a CA in the castle? Does living there make you feel royal? I enjoy it, my residents are cool cats. During training it was very scary to be the only one living there in the dark. You hear weird noises and the wind sounds like howling at night. It’s rough living away from all my friends that live in grad. My grandma calls me a queen ever since I told her about my position in the castle, which is sweet. I guess it has its perks haha.
  READ MORE

Bronte Velez '16

By Elizabeth Rauner
March 6, 2013 - 9:27pm

Hometown: Atlanta, GA. Major/minor: Hoping to do an interdisciplinary study with Applied Theatre and Peace and Conflict Studies with a double minor in Afro-American Studies and Social Justice and Social Policy. You're known to be quite the dancer, how did you get into dancing as a child? Or if it was later in life, what was the inspiration? READ MORE