Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Celebrities

Professor Harleen Singh

By Sara Cardenas
October 20, 2014 - 1:21pm

Her Campus: How long have you been a professor at Brandeis? Harleen Singh: I’ve been a tenure track professor since 2005.  HC: So I know that you teach Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.  Is this something you always knew you wanted to teach? READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Emily Reich '17

By Esther Lee
October 16, 2014 - 8:32pm

Majors/Minors: Psychology/Business and Journalism Year: 2017 Hometown: Katonah, NY   Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus? Emily Reich: I am involved with Her Campus as both a writer and as Events Coordinator. I am also the Secretary and PR Coordinator for Deis3D, the Brandeis 3D Printing Club. HC: Why did you get involved in Her Campus? ER: I’ve always loved to write, and I was looking for a good outlet for my writing. Sydney, one of our Campus Correspondents, lived in my hall last year and I knew she was involved with Her Campus, so I asked her if I could come to a meeting and that was that! READ MORE

Karan Malik '15

By Esther Lee
October 9, 2014 - 6:57am

Major: Biochemistry BS/MS Hometown: Baldwin Harbor, NY Year: 2015 Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus? READ MORE

Meet The Staff: Sydney Westervelt '17

By Esther Lee
October 9, 2014 - 6:40am

Majors/Minors: Studio Art/French and Francophone Studies Year: 2017 Hometown: Louisville, KY Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus?
Sydney Westervelt: Now that I think about it, most of the things I’m involved in, with the exception of Her Campus, are seasonal; for instance, I paint for liquid latex (which is TONS of fun). I also try to involve myself with the theatre scene (pun-intended) at Brandeis, but that only works if I get a part in a show. READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Emily Beker '15

By Esther Lee
October 1, 2014 - 9:00am

Majors/Minors: Creative Writing and Elementary Education Year: 2015 Hometown: Riverdale, NY. Fun fact though: I am actually a Massachusetts resident. Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?
Emily Beker: Liquid Latex, Dance Marathon Waltham Fundraising Chair, I’m a UDR for the Education Department, on Hillel Board and Her Campus! READ MORE

Talia Niederman '16

By Emily Reich
September 26, 2014 - 10:00am

Majors: Environmental Studies, International and Global Studies Hometown: North Bergen, NJ Campus Activities: Poverty Action Coalition, English Language Learning   HerCampus: Why Brandeis? Talia Niederman: Like a lot of other people who go here, Brandeis’ commitment to social activism was definitely a huge draw for me. While we have a LONG way to go in terms of living up to these standards, our collective passion gives us a lot of potential to fix our systemic errors and create a more inclusive, safe, and socially responsible school. HC: What is the best part about Brandeis? READ MORE

Gabi Nail '18

By Shoshana Feld
September 16, 2014 - 10:14pm

Hometown: Los Angeles, California Majors: Theater and Environmental Studies Her Campus: Why did you decide to do the 24-Hour Musical? READ MORE

Javier Mendez '18

By Dylan Schlesinger
September 16, 2014 - 9:52pm

Majors: Psychology & Politics Minor: Legal Studies Hometown: Pawtucket, RI On Campus Activities: Koas Kids (hopefully!), intramural soccer, and Club Tennis   Why'd you choose Brandeis? I liked the small campus and it was far enough from home, but not too far. Where would you have gone instead of Brandeis? Roger Williams University READ MORE

Genesis Leon '16

By Emily Beker
September 12, 2014 - 11:00am

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY  Year: 2016 (Junior) Major: Biology and Health: Science, Society and Policy Minor: Hispanic Studies Her Campus: What made you decide to join the CORE Committee for Orientation this past year? READ MORE

Samantha Pearsall '18

By Sara Cardenas
September 10, 2014 - 1:05pm

Year: 2018 Major/Minor: I’m undeclared, but I’m thinking about neuroscience and psych with a minor in French Hometown: Chicago Her Campus: What brought you to Brandeis? READ MORE