Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Celebrities

Meet the Staff: Sara Cardenas '17

By Esther Lee
October 23, 2014 - 10:00am

Year: 2017 Majors/Minors: I’m still not completely sure, but I’m thinking about Anthropology and IGS Hometown: Los Angeles Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus? Sara Cárdenas: I’m not super involved with much else here at Brandeis besides Her Campus.  I do volunteer for Prospect Hill Kids Club on a weekly basis.  That’s a lot of fun.  I love little kids so I really enjoy my time volunteering for them. HC: Why did you get involved in Her Campus? READ MORE

Rose Wallace ’16

By Emily Beker
October 22, 2014 - 7:00pm

With Halloween right around the corner and Her Campus Brandeis getting into the spirit we interviewed Rose Wallace, one of the coordinators for Waltham Group's Hunger and Homelessness Program and got the scoop on Halloween for the Hungry!  Year: Junior Major/Minor: Politics & Economics (Majors) Women's and Gender Studies (Minor) Hometown: Ellicott City, Maryland Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?  Rose Wallace: Coordinator for Waltham Group's Hunger and Homelessness Program, Community Advisor in East Quad, member of Bad Grammer Improv Comedy Troupe and choreographer/dancer for Adagio Dance Company  HC: How long have you been a CA?  READ MORE

Professor Harleen Singh

By Sara Cardenas
October 20, 2014 - 1:21pm

Her Campus: How long have you been a professor at Brandeis? Harleen Singh: I’ve been a tenure track professor since 2005.  HC: So I know that you teach Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.  Is this something you always knew you wanted to teach? READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Emily Reich '17

By Esther Lee
October 16, 2014 - 8:32pm

Majors/Minors: Psychology/Business and Journalism Year: 2017 Hometown: Katonah, NY   Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus? Emily Reich: I am involved with Her Campus as both a writer and as Events Coordinator. I am also the Secretary and PR Coordinator for Deis3D, the Brandeis 3D Printing Club. HC: Why did you get involved in Her Campus? ER: I’ve always loved to write, and I was looking for a good outlet for my writing. Sydney, one of our Campus Correspondents, lived in my hall last year and I knew she was involved with Her Campus, so I asked her if I could come to a meeting and that was that! READ MORE

Karan Malik '15

By Esther Lee
October 9, 2014 - 6:57am

Major: Biochemistry BS/MS Hometown: Baldwin Harbor, NY Year: 2015 Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus? READ MORE

Meet The Staff: Sydney Westervelt '17

By Esther Lee
October 9, 2014 - 6:40am

Majors/Minors: Studio Art/French and Francophone Studies Year: 2017 Hometown: Louisville, KY Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus?
Sydney Westervelt: Now that I think about it, most of the things I’m involved in, with the exception of Her Campus, are seasonal; for instance, I paint for liquid latex (which is TONS of fun). I also try to involve myself with the theatre scene (pun-intended) at Brandeis, but that only works if I get a part in a show. READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Emily Beker '15

By Esther Lee
October 1, 2014 - 9:00am

Majors/Minors: Creative Writing and Elementary Education Year: 2015 Hometown: Riverdale, NY. Fun fact though: I am actually a Massachusetts resident. Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?
Emily Beker: Liquid Latex, Dance Marathon Waltham Fundraising Chair, I’m a UDR for the Education Department, on Hillel Board and Her Campus! READ MORE

Talia Niederman '16

By Emily Reich
September 26, 2014 - 10:00am

Majors: Environmental Studies, International and Global Studies Hometown: North Bergen, NJ Campus Activities: Poverty Action Coalition, English Language Learning   HerCampus: Why Brandeis? Talia Niederman: Like a lot of other people who go here, Brandeis’ commitment to social activism was definitely a huge draw for me. While we have a LONG way to go in terms of living up to these standards, our collective passion gives us a lot of potential to fix our systemic errors and create a more inclusive, safe, and socially responsible school. HC: What is the best part about Brandeis? READ MORE

Gabi Nail '18

By Shoshana Feld-Sobol
September 16, 2014 - 10:14pm

Hometown: Los Angeles, California Majors: Theater and Environmental Studies Her Campus: Why did you decide to do the 24-Hour Musical? READ MORE

Javier Mendez '18

By Dylan Schlesinger
September 16, 2014 - 9:52pm

Majors: Psychology & Politics Minor: Legal Studies Hometown: Pawtucket, RI On Campus Activities: Koas Kids (hopefully!), intramural soccer, and Club Tennis   Why'd you choose Brandeis? I liked the small campus and it was far enough from home, but not too far. Where would you have gone instead of Brandeis? Roger Williams University READ MORE