This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Ceara Genovesi

Year: 2018

Hometown: Blauvelt, NY

Major/Minor: Double major in psychology and studio art

Her Campus: What attracted you to Brandeis?

Ceara Genovesi: The vibe. When I visited here, the atmosphere spoke to me. I knew in my bones this is where I was meant to be.

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

CG: I am a peer counselor for Students Talking About Relationships (S.T.A.R.), fundraising and sponsorship co-chair for the Relay For Life Committee, secretary for Clubs in Service, a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon, and an office assistant in the Department of Community Service and Student Activities.

HC: What has been your favorite Brandeis moment so far?

CG: Ugh, my favorite? How can I choose? I often just see or participate in things on campus that make me realize what an awesome place Brandeis is. Multiple times a month I fall in love with this school all over again.

HC: What’s your advice for incoming first years?

CG: Try everything! If you think something sounds cool or looks interesting, try it out! Go to an event, talk to people involved, and dip your toes into anything that you want. Especially if it’s out of your comfort zone…definitely try it out.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

CG: I hope to be working as an art therapist, maybe living in NYC, starting a family, and enjoying every day.

Quick Facts:

Favorite TV Show: Gilmore Girls 

Favorite Song of the Moment:  ”Something in the Water” by Carrie Underwood

Favorite Spot on Campus: At a table in the Fellows Garden behind the SCC.

Role Model: My mom

Favorite Boston Attraction: Boston Common

Favorite Quote: “You are not Atlas carrying the world on your shoulder. It is good to 
remember that the planet is carrying you” –Vandana Shiva 

Sherman or Usdan: Sherman

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.