Campus Celebrity Alert: Danielle Frankel ’17 Goes on The Tonight Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Attention Brandeisians, we have a celebrity in our midst. Senior Danielle Frankel (read all about her here!) and her two older sisters were recently featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, on a segment called Tonight Show Sidewalk of Fame. In this segment, contestants performed their talents for Jimmy Fallon and his audience, who then voted on their favorite act via applause. Danielle and her sisters showed off their skills by singing “You Are My Sunshine” with their mouths closed, and it was extremely fun to watch. Though they did not win (even though we think they should have!), Jimmy and the crowd seemed to really get a kick out of their talent. Questlove, the drummer from The Roots, the show’s band, even had a hilarious reaction to their singing which has since been made into a gif!

This incredible experience began for Danielle over winter break, when she attended The Tonight Show as an audience member. There she met a casting director who asked her if she had any unique talents that could potentially be featured in an upcoming segment. When she shared her and her sisters’ ability to sing with their mouths closed, the Tonight Show staff wanted them to perform in the Sidewalk of Fame Segment. A video of the girls showing off their skills was even shown to Jimmy Fallon prior to the show, and he insisted they be participants in the bit. 

You can watch Danielle and her sisters on the show right here: