Breaking Out of the Brandeis Bubble: Mount Cardigan, New Hampshire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

This past weekend, I attended College Outside’s “College Get Outside Weekend”, an intercollegiate outing event with several colleges from the Boston area. The event was held at the AMC Cardigan Lodge. We only had to pay $25 for the whole weekend, which included a 2 night’s stay, tacos, s’mores, and loads of fun! Though some, like me, had trouble snowshoeing up the snowy steep Mount Cardigan, the main purpose is to get out there with nature. It was a great way to detox from all the stress built up throughout the week full of midterms, midterms, and even more midterms.

College Outside planned several events. Some decided to go rock climbing, but unfortunately, unexpected weather conditions made for some unsteady rock formations. The group still had a blast because everyone got to meet new people. During the afternoon, they provided leadership training with students who wanted to enhance their pre-existing mountain clubs.  Though mostly seniors and juniors partook in this, some sophomores were trying to make connections and gain valuable resources to help their respective school’s clubs gain more opportunities for outdoor fun.

For hikes, there were two trips: Hike up Mt Cardigan, or Lonesome Lake North Kinsman Hike. I will definitely hike the Lonesome Lake Trail next time I’m up in NH! Where will your adventures lead you? Get outside and find out!

Amy Wu

Brandeis

Currently a sophomore majoring in business and computer science. Love adventures, music, and giving advice! Hoping to study abroad for an academic year, so make sure to follow my posts!-Amy Wu  
Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.