This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

There isn’t a more Irish city in the nation than Boston— and here at Brandeis, we are her fortunate neighbor.  Therefore you have no excuse to stay on Loop Rd this St. Patrick’s Day!  Here are some methods to make your St. Patty’s Day poppin’!! (too much??)

1. St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Perhaps the most important event of the holiday—The parade starts at 1pm on March 15th.  Wild crowds, marching bands and pipe bands all through South Boston—DON’T MISS IT! And make certain to wear green!      
  2. St. Paddy’s Day Pub Crawl: if you’re 21 or have another way of getting into bars…. meet the  scrabblers at the Hard Rock Cafe for an extremely fun (memorable?) St. Patrick’s Day!  You’ll happen on some crazy people!  For extra fun make bets with your friends—who will be the first to crawl? 
  3. Dropkick Murphy’s: if you have some money to spend go see the unforgettable Dropkick Murphy’s at their annual St. Patrick’s Day concert.  The band’s website calls the event “Sold Out” but you can find tickets on Stubhub starting at $50.00.  It doesn’t get more Irish than an American Celtic punk band from Quincy singing “Kiss me I’m #!@‘faced.” 
  4. The Irish Film Festival: This is a St. Patrick’s Day must!  Once again this one will cost you a few bucks.  But dollars well, well spent.  The festival is four days long, from March 19-March 22nd at the Somerville Theatre in Davis Square.  Check out @Irishfilmfest15 on Twitter for more!
  5. Irish Heritage Trail: For those who don’t want to celebrate the holiday with just whiskey—gain some history by walking along the Irish Heritage Trail.  This is a nice way to recognize and memorialize the influence Irish citizens have had on Boston.  
  6. Visit other Boston schools: Go visit a friend at a school in the city!  Boston University, Suffolk, Northeastern.  It’s a perfect way to spend the holiday in Boston and meet new people.  Heck, even if you don’t know anybody attending a university in Boston, take the train in with a friend and crash a party…  the gatherings will be plenty big and I’m sure the people will be quite too drunk to notice.

Be safe and enjoy the holiday!

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.