Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

Weekly Playlist: Dream Fragments

By Sydney Westervelt
September 20, 2014 - 10:51pm

The title, Dream Fragments, says it all. The mix of music this week takes you on a journey through what feels like the craziest -- in the best way possible -- set of dreams you could have in one night. It's great tuneage for most atmospheres -- especially if you want music that'll entertain you, but won't distract you from a task at hand. Remember to follow Her Campus Brandeis on Spotify for new playlists every week! READ MORE

Relationship 101: A Few Insider Tips From The Boys

By Alisha Steindecker
September 19, 2014 - 2:00pm

It is that time of year again – fall – also known as “cuff” season according to a few senior girls. In other words, it is time to find a significant other to help move girls past their winter blues and keep them company (and warm) during Netflix binges on cloudy days. It can be hard to find the perfect fit, but a few senior guys have a couple of insider tips on how to catch their eyes this season.  READ MORE

Dorm Recipe: Nachos

By Emily Reich
September 18, 2014 - 11:00am

Finding recipes that can actually be executed in a dorm room is far from easy. Either the recipe involves too many ingredients, requires materials inaccessible from a dorm room, or is too time consuming. Here is an easy recipe for Dorm-Made Nachos that requires only three ingredients, less than ten minutes, and is perfect for a late-night snack to share with friends.                 Ingredients: -          Canned beans -          Shredded cheese -          Tortilla chips Materials: -          Microwaveable plate -          Microwave Directions: 1.       Spread an even layer of chips on a microwaveable plate READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: Turning Leaves

By Sydney Westervelt
September 13, 2014 - 9:30am

This week's playlist, Turning Leaves is all about change. Ranging from upbeat tunes such as Coldplay's "Lost!", to instrumentals like "Comptine d'un autre été - l'après midi" and soulful ballads like Sam Smith's "Not In That Way". Let the slowly decreasing temperatures wash over you, drink a hot chocolate, and enjoy the turning leaves. Whether you plan to pick apples or plan your Halloween costume, this playlist has got all the jams you’ll need. READ MORE

C-Store Recipes

By Marian Siljeholm
September 12, 2014 - 3:23pm

Especially in the wake of the Market Basket hubbub, groceries and grocery prices are at the forefront of many American minds. This subject, however, is something that has always been at the forefront for college students. During these frugal years, penny pinching is often essential, as is exploiting meal plans to make careful use of every precious swipe and point deduction.   READ MORE

The World This Week

By Emily Reich
September 9, 2014 - 9:50pm

Obama has a plan… Over the weekend, President Obama announced that he is ready to unveil his long-term game plan for taking down ISIS. Obama plans to tell the public about said plan on Wednesday, and few details are currently known. The US won’t be going alone, however, as last week the UK and France, among others, said they were on board to take care of ISIS. Scotland might be moving out… READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: On a Wednesday in September

By Sydney Westervelt
September 3, 2014 - 11:55am

The playlist this week, On a Wednesday in September, is a surefire way to help you ring in the semester — a.k.a. it's a back to school playlist of sorts. It features both throwbacks and newer artists; this gives you a chance to not only feel a little nostalgic, but also to discover new music! Artists include Arcade Fire, Dylan Gardner, The Madden Brothers, Spoon, New Radicals, alt-J, and more. So, whether you're trying to branch out or you need some music to kick back to, this one's got it all....

Weekly Playlist: Graduation Edition

By Sydney Westervelt
May 7, 2014 - 5:45pm

This week's playlist, From Newbies to Know-Hows: Congratulations Class of 2014, is dedicated to the Brandeis University seniors about to take on life's next big adventure! It's a story of sorts: it begins with the kindling of frienships and ends with a combination of celebration and nostalgia. It has many different artists from different genres and is meant to be a little all over the place, because, let's face it, life is a little all over the place. Enjoy! READ MORE

HC Brandeis' Favorite Study Snacks

By Andrea Stern
May 4, 2014 - 12:11am

Let’s face it; no one enjoys studying for finals. However, late night library cram sessions can be tremendously improved if you have delicious and nutritious snacks that provide you with stamina to power through those papers, readings and flashcards. When it comes to finals study snacks, Her Campus Brandeis is loyal to three in particular: popchips, Luna Bars and Chipotle. Here’s why these foods fuel us collegeiettes during finals. READ MORE

How to Have a Productive Summer

By Chastity DeLorme
May 3, 2014 - 10:11pm

Whether you are graduating and anxiously approaching the real world or just taking a much needed academic break, summer is probably one of the most exciting and anticipated season for any season. Read on for tips to make these next sunshine months the best and most productive.   Watch all the Netflix. READ MORE