Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

Weekly Playlist: Girl Power

By Sydney Westervelt
October 18, 2014 - 5:08pm

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the playlist this week is all about Girl Power! It features all female artists, with songs that are meant to inspire and empower. From classic powerhouses like Aretha Franklin, to modern-day, fierce artists like Beyoncé, this playlist has it all. Listen to it while you're getting ready for a night on the town, or if you need some inspiration or a pick-me-up; whatever ails you, these women are bound to help. Enjoy! READ MORE

Breakup Etiquette 101

By Emily Beker
October 18, 2014 - 11:15am

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by this writer are not the opinion of Brandeis University or Her Campus Brandeis. Breaking up with someone is never easy. Inevitably both parties end up hurt. It doesn’t matter who dumped whom. There are ways to make ending a relationship you cared about slightly easier in the short run. It doesn’t matter how long the relationship was: a month, two weeks, two years or five years. It will hurt and might cause unstable emotions for a little bit. READ MORE

Singles Costumes

By Adriana Gleaton
October 18, 2014 - 11:00am

No partner no problem here are some awesome costume ideas for just you! Rosie the Riveter It’s super simple and easy to make this costume! You can find a blue jean shirt or jacket and red bandana or head scarf to make this awesome costume! via www.hollywoodreporter.com Elliot from E.T.    READ MORE

"What If": A Recap and Review

By Kiana Khozein
October 18, 2014 - 10:15am

When I showed up at the Her Campus' and  Student Events' Fall Film Series showing of What If, my expectations were pretty clearly summed up by the phrase “rom-com with Harry Potter and a blonde, vaguely birdlike hipster chick”.  I even hedged on whether or not I wanted to go. I wasn’t the strange blend of cheerful and wistful that is usually required for movies that have such a potentially high cheese content. But, enticed by the prospect of at least seeing attractive people bum around on screen for 100 or so minutes, I rolled in and was immediately plied with various goodies and concessions (like a $10 Aeropostale gift card and some to-die-for cupcakes). Okay, I thought. Not bad. READ MORE

Dear Sofie: Human Pickle

By Sofie Savant
October 18, 2014 - 10:00am

Dear Sofie, My three best friends are involved in a triangle right now. Two girls and one guy. My friend, we’ll call her O, is dating my best guy friend, we’ll say he’s G. She is in love and he is too. Or I thought. My other best friend, F, used to have a thing with G and is still in love with him. She got drunk and hooked up with him last night.  They didn’t just make out but they didn’t have sex. WHAT DO I DO? I will ruin the whole dynamic if I say anything.  But I can’t let O go untold.  Help me.   Sincerely, Human Pickle READ MORE

Best Retail Therapy Spots in Boston

By Liya Wizevich
October 18, 2014 - 9:00am

Everyone knows there’s amazing shopping in Boston. Newbury Street is the 5th Avenue of New England. However you don’t need to go all the way into the city to shop! Here are some awesome places a little closer to campus.    The best mall in the area is the Natick Mall in Natick, MA. They have 250 stores and restaurants, making it the largest mall in the state. Some of their most popular stores include Zara, Urban Outfitters and the Apple Store. http://www.natickmall.com/ READ MORE

Surviving the Fall Semester: HC Survival Kit 101

By Sydney Westervelt
October 11, 2014 - 5:24pm

With the help of all of the goodies we received in our back-to-school survival kits from the wonderful Her Campus sponsors, the transition from summer to fall has become much, much easier! From beauty products to BoGo cards, this kit has it all for us collegiettes! Here's a list of our favorites: READ MORE

On the Culture of College Drinking: An Exercise of the Imagination

By Alec Siegel
October 11, 2014 - 4:49pm

**Disclaimer: This article reflects the opinion of the author and is not meant as a reflection upon the student body at Brandeis or any other University. Let’s play a game of make believe. Just for a second. Let’s pretend there is no such thing as Thirsty Thursdays, or Wednesday bar night; red solo cups are reserved for Manischewitz at Passover dinner; the only other word associated with pong is ping; shot gunning Vodka only happens between KGB members, or Putin and his inner circle; the phrase “black out” or “hammered” or “trashed” or “messed up” are used to describe an electrical outage or a carpentry project or, God forbid, a simple mistake, respectively. Let’s pretend we can recall what happened to us last Saturday night....

Couples Halloween Costume Ideas

By Adriana Gleaton
October 11, 2014 - 12:45pm

Not going with a group? Just you and your friend? Well here are some awesome couples costumes! 1. Where’s Waldo costumes are simple and easy to make. All you need is a red and white striped shirts, blue jeans, a hat, and glasses. (Try to make into as many pictures as you can!)
READ MORE

Dear Sofie Revival

By Sofie Savant
October 11, 2014 - 12:30pm

Sometimes you need 100% unbiased advice, and we’re here to give it to you. Whatever problem you might be having, whether it involves school, love, family, friends, etc., we can help you solve it now: we’re reviving our advice column, Dear Sofie, and providing you with an anonymous advisor, Sofie. The writer who will act as Sofie is a perceptive, understanding, trustworthy member of our team.  The advice column is available for all students in need of help.  No message for Sofie is a foolish one—she is really here to listen and try to solve your problem! READ MORE