Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Blog

High School To College Relationships Do Not Work

By Niki Laskaris
September 27, 2014 - 3:21pm

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and in no way reflect the opinions of Brandeis University or Her Campus Brandeis. READ MORE

High School To College Relationships Can Work

By Sara Cardenas
September 27, 2014 - 2:25pm

Anna’s Declassified Long Distance Relationship Survival Guide

By Anna Rae Stern
September 24, 2014 - 10:15am

READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: Dream Fragments

By Sydney Westervelt
September 20, 2014 - 10:51pm

The title, Dream Fragments, says it all. The mix of music this week takes you on a journey through what feels like the craziest -- in the best way possible -- set of dreams you could have in one night. It's great tuneage for most atmospheres -- especially if you want music that'll entertain you, but won't distract you from a task at hand. Remember to follow Her Campus Brandeis on Spotify for new playlists every week! READ MORE

Dorm Recipe: Nachos

By Emily Reich
September 18, 2014 - 11:00am

Finding recipes that can actually be executed in a dorm room is far from easy. Either the recipe involves too many ingredients, requires materials inaccessible from a dorm room, or is too time consuming. Here is an easy recipe for Dorm-Made Nachos that requires only three ingredients, less than ten minutes, and is perfect for a late-night snack to share with friends.                 Ingredients: -          Canned beans -          Shredded cheese -          Tortilla chips Materials: -          Microwaveable plate -          Microwave Directions: 1.       Spread an even layer of chips on a microwaveable plate READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: Turning Leaves

By Sydney Westervelt
September 13, 2014 - 9:30am

This week's playlist, Turning Leaves is all about change. Ranging from upbeat tunes such as Coldplay's "Lost!", to instrumentals like "Comptine d'un autre été - l'après midi" and soulful ballads like Sam Smith's "Not In That Way". Let the slowly decreasing temperatures wash over you, drink a hot chocolate, and enjoy the turning leaves. Whether you plan to pick apples or plan your Halloween costume, this playlist has got all the jams you’ll need. READ MORE

C-Store Recipes

By Marian Siljeholm
September 12, 2014 - 3:23pm

Especially in the wake of the Market Basket hubbub, groceries and grocery prices are at the forefront of many American minds. This subject, however, is something that has always been at the forefront for college students. During these frugal years, penny pinching is often essential, as is exploiting meal plans to make careful use of every precious swipe and point deduction.   READ MORE

The World This Week

By Emily Reich
September 9, 2014 - 9:50pm

Obama has a plan… Over the weekend, President Obama announced that he is ready to unveil his long-term game plan for taking down ISIS. Obama plans to tell the public about said plan on Wednesday, and few details are currently known. The US won’t be going alone, however, as last week the UK and France, among others, said they were on board to take care of ISIS. Scotland might be moving out… READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: On a Wednesday in September

By Sydney Westervelt
September 3, 2014 - 11:55am

The playlist this week, On a Wednesday in September, is a surefire way to help you ring in the semester — a.k.a. it's a back to school playlist of sorts. It features both throwbacks and newer artists; this gives you a chance to not only feel a little nostalgic, but also to discover new music! Artists include Arcade Fire, Dylan Gardner, The Madden Brothers, Spoon, New Radicals, alt-J, and more. So, whether you're trying to branch out or you need some music to kick back to, this one's got it all....

Weekly Playlist: Graduation Edition

By Sydney Westervelt
May 7, 2014 - 5:45pm

This week's playlist, From Newbies to Know-Hows: Congratulations Class of 2014, is dedicated to the Brandeis University seniors about to take on life's next big adventure! It's a story of sorts: it begins with the kindling of frienships and ends with a combination of celebration and nostalgia. It has many different artists from different genres and is meant to be a little all over the place, because, let's face it, life is a little all over the place. Enjoy! READ MORE