This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
Hometown: Montclair, NJ
Year: 2015
Majors: Econ/Philosophy

Her Campus: What are you involved in at Brandeis?
Benji Bernstein: I’m a student events coordinator, a member of Phi Kappa Psi, a Waltham group Spectrum coordinator and the host of two radio shows on WBRS.

HC: Wow, talk about being involved! How do you manage your time?
BB: It was actually pretty overwhelming at the beginning, but after I came to terms with having no free time, and that these activities would take over the free time, I started to enjoy everything way more and I have so much fun with each thing!

HC: That’s a great outlook. Tell me about student events!
BB: I love it so much. I’m really into music, so once I heard about the concerts student events put on I really wanted to be involved.

HC: What’s your favorite moment from a concert so far?
BB: At the Santigold concert I got to meet Santigold, which was unreal.

HC: That’s awesome! Do you hold any positions in Phi Psi?
BB: Yeah, I’m a co-philanthropy chair, and I love doing that and also the whole brotherhood in general! We do philanthropy for Rodman Ride, and we just started a partnership with the Waltham Boys and Girls club, which has been going great so far! We also just started a phi psi coached basketball team, where the brothers coach.

HC: What’s your favorite weekend activity?
BB: I’m super into sports, so I love to go to Gosman and play basketball and tennis with friends. Also, I enjoy going out to eat in Waltham or Boston!

HC: I feel you about getting off campus to eat. If you had to choose though, what’s your favorite Usdan meal?
BB: I’m literally obsessed with Quizno’s, so definitely that. The first time I came to visit Brandeis on my tour, and I saw the Quizno’s I flipped out from excitement.

HC: favorite winter activity?
BB: I think spending the day snowboarding and then going in to drink hot chocolate is the best!

HC: Any plans for the summer?
BB: I’m going to work as a camp counselor at my summer camp!

HC: What’s one thing you need to get you through the day:
BB: Definitely my I-pod. I’m always walking everywhere with it!
Rachel is a junior math major and premed student at Brandeis University. She is an EMT and recently joined her school's EMS squad. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys blogging, watching sitcoms, drawing zentangles, folding origami, and eating chocolate.