Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Archives

Evan Jastremski '17

By Dylan Schlesinger
August 31, 2014 - 5:00pm

Fall has officially arrived, which means the Division III Fall Sport Season begins! Luckily, I was able to communicate with a dashing, new Rosie tenant who happens to play for Brandeis Men’s Soccer team! Here are his memorable and truly authentic responses. ***Let this interview be a friendly reminder that our university’s school spirit needs to be on overload at ALL of the home games for ANY of the Fall Varsity Sports Teams!!!!! Year: 2017 Major: Business Minor: Economics Hometown: Marshfield Mass Relationship Status: Extremely Single   Soccer/Brandeis: READ MORE

Activity Fair

By Amy Wu
August 31, 2014 - 9:09am

It’s the beginning of a new semester at Brandeis. How is your first weekend back on campus going? Would you like to find friends with the same interests as you and meet new people? Start off September the right way by checking out the Activities Fair! There are tons of opportunities to be involved at Brandeis! Check out some of the student organizations that can help you find your passion!  A list of all clubs can be found here. Rain Location: Levin Ballroom, Usdan   READ MORE

Club Hotspot

By Dylan Schlesinger
August 29, 2014 - 5:54pm

What is there to do this weekend?? Here’s the answer: CLUB HOTSPOT Brandeis Student Events has created a Boston club scene! The best part is it’s on campus and that means it will last throughout the night!   A bouncer at the door marks entry into this exclusive VIP experience where showing your gold wristband (or a Brandeis ID) allows you to get inside. Heck there will even be menus with four different mocktail choices placed on glowing white cocktail tables as servers bring you drinks for the first hour. READ MORE

Transition into the Summer

By Chastity DeLorme
May 10, 2014 - 6:38pm

It's that time of the year and we all know you are so excited, but regardless of how much inherent enthusiasm you may carry for the sunshine and popsicles, the transition from academic life to summer can be hard. You may be graduating or maybe all your friends are; either way we must realize we all have to move. Read on to find out how to make this transition a bit easier.  Plan it out: READ MORE

Commencement 2014

By Dylan Schlesinger
May 9, 2014 - 7:08am

As dorm rooms continue to be cleared out and vehicles are seen parked everywhere across campus filled with eager parents wanting to help with the moving process, a remainder of the student body stays camped out in The Mods and Ridgewood. The remaining population that is very much still on campus can only be known as the graduating Class of 2014. They wait anxiously in their cluttered rooms for the upcoming date of a momentous turning point to all. GRADUATION.  Some stragglers are still seen on campus… those floating extra students are here to spend the last few moments with the Class of 2014. Senior week is approaching with incredible activities, i.e. the Boat Cruise, the Mods BBQ, and the kickball tournament. And then on Sunday May 18, 2014, commencement will...

What NOT to Wear for Internships

By Emily Reich
May 8, 2014 - 10:50pm

Not everyone can go out and buy a whole new wardrobe for an internship. Re-purposing and reusing skirts and shirts is a must but not everything is internship-ready! Use this quick guide to know what's acceptable for an internship and what NOT to wear.  Party Attire: If you could see yourself wearing it to a party or a club, it’s not right for an internship! Keep an eye out for crop tops or dresses with cutouts- they’re great for a night out, but not the workplace. READ MORE

Graduation Gift Ideas 101

By Leah Weingast
May 8, 2014 - 3:40pm

The semester is finally over, and after finishing your last final the only hurdle left to jump over is finding the perfect gift for your friends for graduation. Whether they love to preserve memories or focus on the future, this guide has something for every graduate. For the Sentimental Types Dogeared necklace With every endeavor students face as they graduate, whether it’s finding an apartment, starting a new job, or even learning how to cook for themselves, this necklace will let them know that you have confidence in their future and wish them all the best. READ MORE

What are your plans post graduation?

By Andrea Stern

Weekly Playlist: Graduation Edition

By Sydney Westervelt
May 7, 2014 - 5:45pm

This week's playlist, From Newbies to Know-Hows: Congratulations Class of 2014, is dedicated to the Brandeis University seniors about to take on life's next big adventure! It's a story of sorts: it begins with the kindling of frienships and ends with a combination of celebration and nostalgia. It has many different artists from different genres and is meant to be a little all over the place, because, let's face it, life is a little all over the place. Enjoy! READ MORE

DIY Summer Clothes

By Sydney Westervelt
May 7, 2014 - 5:25pm

If you love DIY clothing projects, then you’re going to love this article! Below is a list of various DIY summer clothes (both no-sew and hand/machine sewing - if you don’t know how to hand sew, here’s a basic guide) that are sure to add a bit of fun to your summer wardrobe. Cute examples and links to directions are provided, of course! READ MORE