Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Archives

What You Need to Know About Ebola

By Marian Siljeholm
October 31, 2014 - 10:00am

Thousands of miles from the midterms that have consumed most of Brandeis residents in the last few weeks, the average student might feel that the devastating news pouring out of western African nations bears little relevance to their lives. This unawareness, coupled with the hysteria regarding Ebola, has pushed many of the facts to the background. In an age where knowledge is power, here are some facts of which students should be aware. READ MORE

Coolest Dorm Rooms on Campus

By Shoshana Feld-Sobol
October 30, 2014 - 9:34pm

Sharing her room with you this week is Rosie Ettinger! Rosie is a sophomore at Brandeis who was nominated for having an awesome room on campus. She was able to make her single room in Pom cute and spacious with various decorations and careful organization. In my interview with Rosie, I learned Rosie’s dorm room essentials, inspiration, and favorite shops for dorm room items. Major: Psychology   Minor: Teacher Education Hometown: Manhattan, New York Class: 2017 Her Campus: Why did you design your room the way you did? READ MORE

Kyla Gabriel '17

By Adriana Gleaton
October 30, 2014 - 9:30am

Year:  2017 Hometown: Tivoli, NY Majors: HSSP and Business Minor: Hispanic Studies Her Campus: Why Brandeis? Kyla Gabriel: Initially I was drawn to Brandeis because of its prestige and rigorous academics, but its commitment to social justice and dynamic student body were the factors that sealed my decision. READ MORE

Meet The Staff: Dylan Schlesinger '15

By Esther Lee
October 30, 2014 - 8:59am

Majors: Film & English Minors: Legal Studies & Theater Year: 2015 Hometown: Miami, Florida Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus? Dylan Schlesinger: Brandeis Women’s Tennis, Her Campus Editor, Relay For Life Board Member, SAAC Board Member, Fall Orientation Leader, Midyear Orientation Leader, Upperclassman Gateway Buddy, Safe Space Ally HC: Why did you get involved in Her Campus? READ MORE

Carry The Weight Day of Action at Brandeis

By Emily Beker
October 28, 2014 - 6:42pm

Starting at 1 PM there will be a march from the Rabb Steps to outside Bernstein Marcus to show solidarity with survivors as well as demand more action of issues surrounding sexual violence at Brandeis. In marching, students can express the need for improved treatment and protection for survivors of sexual violence on our campus. Students are encouraged to carry air mattresses or pillows out of solidarity for all the survivors. Join the Facebook event here.    READ MORE

Nutritionist Tabling: Sweeteners

By Emily Beker
October 28, 2014 - 3:38pm

Join Laura Klotz in Usdan this Wednesday during lunch and Sherman during dinner to learn more about sweeteners! She will have samples, recipes handouts and all the different sweeteners available to check out and explore! Come by the table to get information and tips about how to incorporate different sweeteners into your own recipes and what the how different sweeteners are unique!   READ MORE

Shaprio Campus Center Team Halloween

By Emily Beker
October 28, 2014 - 3:32pm

You know the people who work at the info booth and you might see moving furniture around the SCC? They are hosting their very own Halloween event for the campus on Friday! Head over to the SCC between 5 and 7 PM on Friday for fun games, some snacks and make sure to bring the costumes! It is Halloween after all! Check out the Facebook event for more info!   READ MORE

Louis Louis Week 2014!

By Emily Beker
October 28, 2014 - 3:27pm

The week everyone has been waiting for has finally arrived! Louis Louis week is happening the week of November 3rd! All week check out the fun activities Brandeis Student Event’s has planned! You thought all the fun ended after Halloween Weekend! That is not the case! Check out the Facebook event for all the fun events and the details!  READ MORE

Chum’s Frat Party

By Amy Wu
October 28, 2014 - 3:20pm

Halloween weekend would not be complete without your stereotypical frat party. When we say sterotypical, we mean it. Wear the best outfit you have seen in Greek, Animal House, Neighbors or any movie showing Greek Life. Join the party at Chums and let your halloween fun live on for one more night! For more info on Chum’s Frat Party check out the Facebook Event!  READ MORE

College Night: MFA After Dark

By Amy Wu
October 28, 2014 - 3:13pm

FREE event the night before Halloween! You don’t want to miss exploring what the museum is like after dark. You will get to see Goya: Order and Disorder, an exhibition featuring Goya’s works on harmony and chaos; a display of the disquieting tension between the two poles of order and disorder.  You can dress up (optional) as your favorite artist, painting, sculpture, mummy, etc. Don’t forget to get a picture before you leave at the photo booth filled with Halloween props! More info on College Night: MFA After Dark READ MORE