Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Archives

Meet the Staff: Emily Beker '15

By Esther Lee
October 1, 2014 - 9:00am

Majors/Minors: Creative Writing and Elementary Education Year: 2015 Hometown: Riverdale, NY. Fun fact though: I am actually a Massachusetts resident.   Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus? Emily Beker: Liquid Latex, Dance Marathon Waltham Fundraising Chair, I’m a UDR for the Education Department, on Hillel Board and Her Campus! HC: Why did you get involved in Her Campus? READ MORE

FIRST FALL WOMENS TENNIS MATCH VS ENDICOTT

By Dylan Schlesinger
September 30, 2014 - 9:21pm

Ever wonder why Carley Cooke goes to NCAA's every year? 
Ever see Simone Vandroff's kick serve out wide?
Or how about Sarita Rip City Biswas kill a volley at the opponent? 
Who are the four new freshmen??
Can Dylan Schlesinger concuss a player on the other team again?

All of these questions will be answered at our very first home match!! 

************POTENTIAL FOOD AND PRIZES********* READ MORE

MEN'S SOCCER AGAINST WHEATON

By Sara Cardenas
September 29, 2014 - 10:08pm

The Brandeis men's soccer team is playing in a rivalry match-up against the Wheaton Lyons.  This will be one of the biggest games for Brandeis, which is currently ranked fifth (Wheaton is eighteenth).  Come help support the Judges and watch the two undefeated teams battle it out.     For more information visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/1471802523108725/ #WeTheJury  READ MORE

High School To College Relationships Do Not Work

By Niki Laskaris
September 27, 2014 - 3:21pm

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and in no way reflect the opinions of Brandeis University or Her Campus Brandeis. READ MORE

High School To College Relationships Can Work

By Sara Cardenas
September 27, 2014 - 2:25pm

Talia Niederman '16

By Emily Reich
September 26, 2014 - 10:00am

Majors: Environmental Studies, International and Global Studies Hometown: North Bergen, NJ Campus Activities: Poverty Action Coalition, English Language Learning   HerCampus: Why Brandeis? Talia Niederman: Like a lot of other people who go here, Brandeis’ commitment to social activism was definitely a huge draw for me. While we have a LONG way to go in terms of living up to these standards, our collective passion gives us a lot of potential to fix our systemic errors and create a more inclusive, safe, and socially responsible school. HC: What is the best part about Brandeis? READ MORE

Brandeis Tennis Date Raffle

By Dylan Schlesinger
September 24, 2014 - 8:58pm

Ever wonder who that group of extremely attractive people that basically live in Gosman carrying sticks with string are?  Wouldn't you love to be able to sit down on a nicely padded booth located in Sherman dining hall with one of those good looking folks? Well your prayers have been answered! The Brandeis Women's and Men's Tennis teams will be selling raffle tickets for each player on both rosters, if chosen you will win a Sherman date with which ever player you purchased a ticket for! Raffle tickets are 2 for 5$ and a special deal of 5 for 10$!!! Message any tennis player for more information, Usdan tabling will be next week (times TBA).    READ MORE

TENNIS ITA TOURNAMENT

By Dylan Schlesinger
September 24, 2014 - 8:29pm

This weekend players from both Brandeis Men's and Women's tennis teams have been selected to play in the ITA tournament!! Brian Granoff ('17), Michael Arguello ('17), Danny Lubarsky ('16), and Ryan Bunis ('17) are in the singles draw. Granoff and Lubarsky will be playing in the doubles draw along with Arguello and Jeffrey Cherkin ('17). This weekend they will be playing at Middlebury with Ben Fine ('15) coaching every step of the way!  READ MORE

Campus Happenings From This Week

By Marian Siljeholm
September 24, 2014 - 1:21pm

Check out a snapshot about how our students have been making their opinions known about some hot issues on campus.  "Students take a stand atop Rabb Steps"  "Students take a stand against this semester's meal plan changes"  READ MORE

Jeff Tan '17

By Emily Reich
September 24, 2014 - 11:59am

Year: 2017   Hometown: Lincoln, Mass. Major/Minor: HSSP and Econ/French and Business   HerCampus: Why Brandeis?
Jeff Tan: It was close to home, a small school, and was the best school I got into. HC: What are you involved in on campus?
JT: I’m a brother in Phi Psi. Because I was a mid-year I didn’t really know what clubs I wanted to do, so this semester I really want to join more stuff, such as Waltham Group. I’m also taking five classes, which takes up a lot of time. READ MORE