Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Archives

Spring Fest 2014

By Chastity DeLorme
April 22, 2014 - 11:33am

Every year, Spring Fest explodes all over Brandeis Campus. The Bernstein Festival of the Creative Arts will host performances all weekend including the ever popular Great Lawn concert, this year led by Icona Pop. Click here for the weekend agenda. READ MORE

Top YouTube Workout Videos for the Busy Girl

By Chastity DeLorme
April 13, 2014 - 9:58am

What is YouTube good for? Re-watching Beyonce performances so you can perfect your hair flip? Videos about how to tie a scarf in 115 different ways? The source for every Ellen clip ever, providing hours upon hours of procrastination and intense abdomen laughter? The answer to all of these is yes, but YouTube is good for another thing and that is working out! This does require you to get up and move; you can't just sit and watch, but who am I to judge? Here is a list of some of our favorite YouTube workout vids. READ MORE

10 Things We Learned from the Mr. Brandeis Pageant

By Chastity DeLorme
April 12, 2014 - 8:45pm

This past week Relay for Life and Student Events hosted this year's Mr. Brandeis. Not only did we see a lot of skin this year, but much more was revealed. Read on to see what Mr. Brandeis 2014 taught us! 1.  Joe Robinow (winner winner chicken dinner) likes it when you throw things in his face, preferable white and sugary (ew get your mind out of the gutter, I’m just talking about the whip cream). READ MORE

Spring Break

By Emily Beker
April 11, 2014 - 10:53pm

It's everyone's favorite time of year: Spring Break! We finally get a break from the relentless exam schedule and the obscene amount of homework we get. We can sleep, enjoy quality time with our old friends, family, and maybe get ahead on our finals so we can come back relaxed.  We wish you all a very happy break and to those celebrating a Happy Easter and a Happy Passover!  READ MORE

Events April 11-13

By Amy Wu, Leah Weingast
April 11, 2014 - 3:43pm

Hairspray This weekend come see Hairspray, HTG's Spring '14 Open Cast Musical. The Hillel Theater Group (HTG), part of the Undergraduate Theatre Collective, is a student-run theater group that brings a variety of high quality theatrical productions to Brandeis University every year. Every Spring, HTG produces an open cast musical, opening shows to everyone who is interested in becoming part of the world of theater. HerCampus’ own Sydney Westervelt is in the cast, and it is sure to warm your heart and make you sing. You won’t be able to stop the beat of this awesome show! Performance Schedule and Prices: Thursday, April 10 at 8:00 p.m 
Saturday, April 12 at 8:00 p.m. Sunday, April 13 at 2:00 p.m, and 8:00 p.m. ...

How to Manage Your Work Over Break

By Sarah Binstok
April 11, 2014 - 3:35pm

If you're like me, you are very excited for a break from school after a crazy amount of work in the past few weeks. Break is when you do not have to get up every morning, sit through classes, and get all your work done for the next day. However, if you're also like me and still have an enormous amount of work to accomplish over break, then check out these tips to get your work done over this break: 1. Give yourself some leeway READ MORE

Weekly Playlist: Springfest Part 1

By Sydney Westervelt
April 10, 2014 - 12:37pm

Introducing our new weekly playlist series! At the start of the upcoming fall semester we will continue to make a new mix every week for you all to enjoy! This week's mix features one of the bands performing at Springfest on April 27th, 2014.
And check back in two weeks for part two of this Springfest mini-series! READ MORE

Evan Berner '14

By Dylan Schlesinger
April 10, 2014 - 9:29am

After a long week of tennis, THE Evan Berner took the time on his only off day to sit down on the baseball bleachers to answer my questions. Some know him for his sensational music taste.  He is one of the known house electronic music experts on campus. Some know of this man as a slick fraternity brother. While I know him as the sensational tennis teammate we all love. Take a moment and try to gain a better understanding on who Evan Berner really is. Hometown: McLean, Virginia Year: Senior Major: Business Minor: History Favorite Color: Blue Favorite Food: Sushi Single or Taken: Single READ MORE

BMACE: Uncover the Martial Arts Extravaganza

By Chastity DeLorme
April 10, 2014 - 8:31am

Wanna kick some butt? Feel like your self-defense skills need some serious brushing up? This weekend, the martial arts clubs of Brandeis put on an event to exhibit their talents and teachings to help you do just that. We sat down with one of the coordinators of the BMACE event, Seema Saul, to get the real lowdown. Check out this video as well to get a first-hand experience with the Deis fighters. HC: What is the purpose of the event? READ MORE

End of Semester Five Stages of Grief

By Emily Reich
April 9, 2014 - 10:57pm

The school year is coming to a close, and it can be hard to understand that emotional roller-coaster you must be riding! With a little help from the Five Stages of Grieving and everybody’s favorite queen, Beyoncé, we can understand all those emotions.  1. Denial It seems impossible that yesterday wasn’t late August and we were all moving in, ready to start a new year at the best university ever. Where did all the months go?!  2. Anger This is not fair. I didn’t pay tens of thousands of dollars for this short of a school year! Who decided to end the year in May? READ MORE