Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Archives

Joanna Murphy '17

By Dylan Schlesinger
October 23, 2014 - 1:12am

Joanna Murphy '17 Joanna Murphy ‘17 Majors: Film & Theater Hometown: Sarasota,Fl On-Campus Activities: Film Club, Theater rehearsals, Adagio Dance, Brandeis Varsity Swim Team   Swim/Brandeis:   • Where would you have gone to college if you did not choose Brandeis?  J: I would’ve have swam for Duquesne, but I’m very happy in my decision. I love Brandeis University   READ MORE

Alex Jean-Louis '17

By Adriana Gleaton
October 23, 2014 - 12:35am

Alex Jean-Louis '17         Hometown: Brooklyn, New York   Major/Minor:  Economics major & Business minor     HC: Why Brandeis?   READ MORE

Rose Wallace ’16

By Emily Beker
October 22, 2014 - 7:00pm

With Halloween right around the corner and Her Campus Brandeis getting into the spirit we interviewed Rose Wallace, one of the coordinators for Waltham Group's Hunger and Homelessness Program and got the scoop on Halloween for the Hungry!  Year: Junior Major/Minor: Politics & Economics (Majors) Women's and Gender Studies (Minor) Hometown: Ellicott City, Maryland Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?  Rose Wallace: Coordinator for Waltham Group's Hunger and Homelessness Program, Community Advisor in East Quad, member of Bad Grammer Improv Comedy Troupe and choreographer/dancer for Adagio Dance Company  HC: How long have you been a CA?  READ MORE

Fall Fest 2014 Preview

By Emily Beker
October 22, 2014 - 12:00pm

This year’s Fall Fest: Family Game Night is sending a lot of fun activities your way. Whether you are flying solo with your friends or your family is coming into town to visit, there will not be a dull moment. Early Registration begins Thursday at 5 PM in the SCC and continues until 9 PM! Registration continues Friday at 9 AM. Check out some  highlights from each day! The full schedule can be found here and the link for Brandeis Tickets can be found here. READ MORE

Student Events Presents: Men's Soccer Tailgate

By Dylan Schlesinger
October 21, 2014 - 9:36pm

Student Events is hosting the TAILGATE of the season in the Gosman parking lot at 5pm on October 27th!

There will be FREE FOOD, a MECHANICAL BULL, GREEN SCREEN PHOTOS, TEMPORARY TATOOS and much MORE! 

At 7pm, we will head to the field to cheer on the Men's Soccer Team as they take on Mount Ida.

Let's get those gavels going, Judges! To victory! READ MORE

Game Room Pool Tournament

By Dylan Schlesinger
October 21, 2014 - 9:33pm

The Pool Tournament will be held on Thursday, October 23rd at 7pm in the Game Room. Sign up will be in the Game Room throughout the week.
  Entry into the tournament is free and there will be free pizza!
Winner will receive bragging rights and will have a plaque displayed in the Game Room to glorify his/her victory. READ MORE

Cafe Unplugged:Student Events

By Dylan Schlesinger
October 21, 2014 - 9:30pm

Cafe Unplugged will be a night of little technology, lots of chill food and some amazing performances from Brandeis students! Join us as we #unplug from our electronics for a few hours and enjoy the space and energy of each other. READ MORE

Halloween for the Hungry

By Dylan Schlesinger
October 21, 2014 - 9:26pm

Want to make a difference this Halloween? Well come join the members of Brandeis's "Hunger & Homelessness" this Halloween! Go door to door and trick-or-treat for canned goods (and candy!) on Halloween, Friday October 31st. Waltham is waiting for you! Minimum time commitment is an hour, drive goes from 2-8 pm!

Transportation and volunteer instructions will be provided at Shapiro Lounge. You’re also welcome to use your own car. 

Last year we collected 3,500 cans; help us reach this year's goal of 4,500*!

Sign up at tinyurl.com/h4hwalthamgroup
READ MORE

Wasteless Food Week

By Emily Beker
October 21, 2014 - 8:33pm

Join Laura Klotz in Usdan this Wednesday during lunchtime and Sherman at dinnertime to learn more about wasteless food! She will be providing handouts about correct portion sizes so you reduce the amount of food you throw out. Come by the table to get information and tips about how to prevent food waste in our dining halls and your own off-campus cooking!  READ MORE

Fall Fest 2014

By Emily Beker
October 20, 2014 - 8:28pm

It is the weekend everyone has been anticipating! It’s finally Fall Fest! This is one weekend Brandeis pulls out all the stops, campus seems to look prettier than usual and there are more activities happening on campus than you can shake a stick at. Starting Thursday night and going until Monday when parents can sit in on classes, there will be constant activities, both on and off campus, you and your families can enjoy together. Make sure to take a look at the full schedule here and buy your tickets for the trips while you can! READ MORE