Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Brandeis Archives

Halloween Costumes for the Lazy

By Liya Wizevich
October 24, 2014 - 2:30pm

Sometimes, it’s just not worth it to spends lots and time and effort on a halloween costume! Luckily, Urban Outfitters has lots of hilarious and easy costumes.  They’re so funny that no one will judge you for not spending hours and hours on your costume!      In fact, these shirts remind me of something April Ludgate would say on Parks and Rec!       Here are a few of my favorites:     READ MORE

Creepiest Places in Massachusetts

By Kiana Khozein
October 24, 2014 - 1:30pm

Massachusetts is a pretty haunted state. Of course, most people know about Salem and the infamous witch trials that occurred there in the late 1700s – but did you know that a lot of that Massachusetts spook is centered on the state’s various colleges and college towns? With Halloween just around the corner, I figured I’d tell you about three of the most interesting university-related haunted locations. READ MORE

Alternative Ways to Spend Your Halloween

By Alec Siegel
October 24, 2014 - 12:00pm

Pumpkin spiced everything, aisles full of discount candy at Hannaford’s, and pumpkin carving related injuries. Yep, it’s that time of year again. Here are some alternative ways of spending your 31st.   Honor the History READ MORE

Breaking Out of the Brandeis Bubble: Halloween 2014

By Amy Wu
October 24, 2014 - 11:30am

Midterm season is in session and everyone is cramming in that last bit of knowledge. What you might not have realized though, is that Halloween is just a week from today! While there are some great events happening all over campus, CLICK HERE! there are some other spooktacular events happening off campus that you might be interested in: Thursday Oct 30th Time to begin the weekend celebrations! READ MORE

Halloween Treats

By Marian Siljeholm
October 24, 2014 - 9:20am

Just because you're a little old to trick or treat this Halloween, doesn’t mean your taste buds will have to sit out on the All Hallows’ Eve festivities. With a few easy Halloween recipes, anyone can turn simple ingredients (many of which can be found at the c-store, for those lucky ones with points to burn) into elaborate fall treats fit for any palate or party. Classic Fall Caramel Apples Ingredients: 6 large Granny Smith apples 6 wooden craft sticks 1 (14-ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon water 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels Pecan halves (optional) Preparation: READ MORE

10 Festive Ways to Get in the Halloween Spirit

By Niki Laskaris
October 24, 2014 - 9:00am

1. Watch a horror or Halloween-based movie nightly leading up to Halloween      This first step is trouble-free and attainable from your dorm room.  START TONIGHT!  It’s no way too late to get in the ghostly spirit.  TV networks screen horror movies constantly through the month.  Certain movies are aired every year, and are MUSTS: Halloweentown Hocus Pocus Psycho The Nightmare Before Christmas Nightmare on Elm Street Halloween Also, there are some quality horror flicks free for streaming on Netflix: READ MORE

Stunning Halloween Nail Art

By Sydney Westervelt
October 23, 2014 - 11:51pm

We've made a list of some of the coolest halloween-inspired nail art! Check it out and then tag us in an instagram post with your new, spooky manicure! Jack-O-Lanterns READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Sara Cardenas '17

By Esther Lee
October 23, 2014 - 10:00am

Year: 2017 Majors/Minors: I’m still not completely sure, but I’m thinking about Anthropology and IGS Hometown: Los Angeles Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus? Sara Cárdenas: I’m not super involved with much else here at Brandeis besides Her Campus.  I do volunteer for Prospect Hill Kids Club on a weekly basis.  That’s a lot of fun.  I love little kids so I really enjoy my time volunteering for them. HC: Why did you get involved in Her Campus? READ MORE

Joanna Murphy '17

By Dylan Schlesinger
October 23, 2014 - 1:12am

Majors: Film & Theater Hometown: Sarasota,Fl On-Campus Activities: Film Club, Theater rehearsals, Adagio Dance, Brandeis Varsity Swim Team Swim/Brandeis: • Where would you have gone to college if you did not choose Brandeis?  J: I would’ve have swam for Duquesne, but I’m very happy in my decision. I love Brandeis University • Why did you choose to swim for Brandeis? Because I love swimming READ MORE

Alex Jean-Louis '17

By Adriana Gleaton
October 23, 2014 - 12:35am

Year: 2017 Hometown: Brooklyn, New York Major/Minor:  Economics major & Business minor Her Campus : Why Brandeis? Alex Jean-Louis: Brandeis is an academically challenging school with some prestige. HC: What are you involved in on campus? AJL: To be honest I'm not really involved in anything per se but I attend various school events and activities. READ MORE