Andrea’s AMA Best and Worst

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Some celebrities shut it down with their fabulous looks at the American Music Awards on Sunday night. Others, not so much. Here is my list of Best and Worst.

Best

Nicki Minaj: What an unexpected surprise, Nicki! Love the sophisticated cut and color.

Taylor Swift: When does this girl not nail it? The gold/sparkly thing is predictable, but it’s her signature look so can’t blame her for being a creature of habit, can ya?

Ginnifer Goodwin: Can you ever go wrong with Oscar de la Renta? I think not!

Jenny McCarthy: She knocked it out of the park. Solid choice. 

Stacy Keibler: She looks absolutely stunning, only part of the look I’m not loving are the shoes- they just don’t work.

Psy: He’s wearing sequin pants… he’s the Asian Liberace!

Worst

Ke$ha: This just doesn’t work… Where’s the trashbag wearing Ke$ha? Bring her back.

Carly Rae Jepsen: The hair is what really gets me. The dress is kinda blah, pretty color but it makes her look much younger 26.

Christina Aguliera: She has some pretty bad red carpet looks under her belt… just add this one to the collection- I’m repulsed.

Jordin Sparks: From the mesh to the multi-colored fabric, this dress is a patchwork quilt of ugly.

Cyndi Lauper: She looks like a cross between a Forever 21 manequin and a Scottish bagpipe player. Cyndi, you’re almost 60 get it together.

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.