Advantages of Not Knowing Your Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

1. Exploring the numerous classes Brandeis has to offer ( even the ones that sound weird and intriguing)

2. Not having to worry about major requirements and making a tight schedule

3. Having the freedom to focus on learning for the sake of learning and venturing into fields you may not have otherwise experienced

4. You get to know more professors and build relationships with professionals from a plethora of educational backgrounds

5. You’ll cast a wider social net as you make friends in classes across various fields and interest groups!

(All PC: giphy.com)

Sakinah Master

Brandeis '21

Sakinah is Senior at Brandeis University persuring a degree in Psychology and Public Health. She is from Mumbai (India) and hopes to make a change in the field of mental health in her hometown one day! 
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.