Abel Flint ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year
: 2015
Hometown: New Jersey

Meet Abel Flint. Abel is incredibly involved in so much at Brandeis and holds a lot of leadership positions. He works for Phone-A-Thon, is involved in Tamid, is an entertainment co-chair for Relay for Life, is a brother of Phi Kappa Psi, and was also an Orientation Leader! Plus, he is always smiling and cracking jokes and is always having fun.

HC: How did you get involved in Relay for Life?
AF: I’ve always had a strong passion for philanthropy and have done a lot over the years, and I feel that cancer is a very present issue in so many people’s lives and it is important for us to come closer to finding a cure.

HC: Tell me about being an OL (orientation leader)! What made you decide to do it and how was the experience?
AF: It was a great way of meeting other Brandeis students from all of the different grades, and everyone who does this is so exciting to be around and most are involved in a lot of other ways around campus, too.

HC: What was the highlight of orientation?
AF: Besides getting to lead my awesome aidelets, the greatest thing was when we played a campus-wide game of capture the flag. It was North against Massell and each flag was in the quad, so it was crazy but so much fun.

HC: What’s your involvement in Phi Psi like?
AF: I joined last fall and it’s great to the part of “the brotherhood.” I’m a co-Social Chair now so I get to plan all of our events that we have. I think some of my favorite memories from Phi Psi so far are the philanthropy events that we’ve had. We cooked for Rodman Ride for Kids and also volunteer at the Boys and Girls club.

HC: Do you have a favorite class?
AF: I really am enjoying taking Chinese. Also, I can’t wait to use the language skills I’m learning when I hopefully go abroad to Shangai next year.

HC: What is your favorite campus meal/ favorite off -campus restaurant?
AF: Campus food is just so good that I have two favorites! Mushroom quesadillas from upper Usdan and curry chicken from lower. My favorite off-campus restaurant is Carl’s sub shop in Waltham; the chicken parmesan sub is amazing.

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.