9 Things to do Indoors on a Snow Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

With Winter Storm Nemo ready to clobber our campus with snow for the next few days, you might find yourself with some extra time on your hands. Here are some ideas for how to have fun indoors, on campus.

1. Have a Spa Day with your Girlfriends

Get out the nailpolish and facemasks, this is a great time to pamper yourself. Catch up on your magazine reading while your nails dry.

2. Clean

Been meaning to organize your closet? Now’s the perfect time to do it.

3. Watch a movie
In honor of the Winter Storm, why not watch Finding Nemo.

4. Cook
Do you have a lot of extra ingredients in your fridge? See what you can cook up. If you want to make a sweet treat consider Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies or Mug Cakes.

5. Make playlists, download music
Updating your music collection is a great way to ward off cabin fever. Elizabeth has the perfect playlist that will help you Brave the Cold

6. Play games
Games like Apples to Apples or Bananagrams can add some humor to your day.

7. Catch up on homework
Well, I know it’s not fun, but we all need to do it…

8. Do your laundry

You’re going to be waiting around all day so you can’t use the excuse that you don’t have the time.

9. Shop Online

Since you can’t go to the mall, have the mall come to you. Consider sprucing up your winter wardrobe with some of these fabulous finds.  

Rachel is a junior math major and premed student at Brandeis University. She is an EMT and recently joined her school's EMS squad. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys blogging, watching sitcoms, drawing zentangles, folding origami, and eating chocolate.