8 Thoughts You Have While Eating At Sherman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

The Brandeis student experience is not complete without navigating the overwhelming and often crazily crowded space that is Sherman Dining Hall.  Regardless of whether you love to hate or hate to love it, here are some thoughts we all have from the minute you swipe into Sherman. 

Why is there not a single space open? Why does every on campus want to eat when I do??

Wow, the AC is really blasting in here. 

Checking out the food selection like…

Wanting grilled chicken but having to wait with the masses before they put some out. 

When you checking out the salad bar and healthy selections: 

FRENCH FRIES!

Finally sitting down and having a conversation with your friends…except that you can’t hear them because it is SO LOUD. 

Hitting the dessert table and loading up on a plate…another sweet end to a successful, if not stressful, Sherman experience. 

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.