8 Things You Must Do this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Congratulations Brandeis. You’ve made it (or almost made it) to summer. Now you have four long months ahead of you to enjoy. No matter where you will be or what you are doing this summer, I’ve complied a guide of the 8 things I would recommend you do this summer. Whether you accomplish all 8 of these activities or just one, have an amazing summer vacation!  

1. Go for ice cream.

Is there really an explanation needed for this? Ice cream is delicious, and the perfect summertime treat. Bonus points if you get it from an ice cream truck.

2. Go for a swim.

It doesn’t matter if it’s in a pool, a lake, or the ocean, but at some point in the summer you have to make time for at least one refreshing dip! Don’t forget the sunscreen!

3. Attend a concert.

Whether it’s a big concert for one of your favorite artists, or a free outdoor event, listening to great music with friends and family is an awesome summer activity.

4. Have a barbeque (or at least some barbeque food).

Break out the grill and have an old-fashioned summer cookout. Hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, chicken, corn on the cob….whatever your favorite barbeque treat, make sure you get a chance to enjoy it this summer.

5. Go to the beach.

In my opinion, no summer is complete without some fun in the sun and sand at the beach. No matter where you hit the beach, be sure to bring your umbrella!

6. Read a book for pleasure.

It may seem hard to believe, especially during a busy semester, but not all reading has to be for your courses. Stop by your local bookstore or library to pick up some reading you will actually enjoy doing this summer.

7. Take a road trip.

You can go cross-country, or just to a neighboring area, but if you can you should definitely go on a classic road trip with friends or family this summer. You can roll down the windows, crank your favorite tunes, and have a blast! Bonus points if you go exploring in a place you’ve never been before!

8. Make s’mores.

This quintessential summer time treat is best crafted over an open flame; however, if needed the microwave will also do! No matter how you make it, try to have at least one ooey-gooey s’more this summer.