This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

This 8-step initiative will help you endure even the most taxing day!

1. Meditate: Take a few minutes to listen to yourself breathe.  Play some relaxing music, turn off the lights, change into loose clothes, whatever makes you comfortable and relaxed.  Meditation will help you put things in perspective and enable living in the present moment.

2. Unplug: Put your phone on airplane mode, close your laptop, disconnect from social media for a while.  Focus on yourself.  Read a book or try some water-color painting. Don’t think about the negative things and instead do something you enjoy. 

3. Get out: Go for a walk in the woods or take a train ride to Boston.  If you have a car, driving is also very therapeutic. Listen to your favorite music on the way.  Think of it as a small adventure with yourself. 

4. Shower: There’s nothing better than taking a warm shower after a long day. You may use this time to think or simply feel the water against your skin. Don’t forget to use your favorite shower gel!

5. Listen to music: Make a playlist of songs that always lift your spirits.  I like to listen to old-school tunes sometimes like Hannah Montana’s “Nobody’s Perfect” and “Best of Both Worlds.”  No shame!

6. Talk to someone: A close friend might be able to give you good advice.  If not, they will probably listen to you about your day; venting can help relieve your stress!

7. Exercise: Go to the gym and work out! A good sweat can help you de-stress and maybe even cheer you up! Enjoy the moment of accomplishment once you finish your workout! 

8. Indulge: Go to Currito and order a milkshake or shop the C-store for your favorite snack.  So what if you just worked out? Although food may not solve your problems, a chocolate bar can make your day so much better! 

Remember to keep a positive mind on your bad days!  

Hola! I am a first year from Puerto Rico. I'm passionate about writing, feminism, social justice, and health.
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.