7 Ways to Show the Earth Some Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Living sustainably doesn’t need to be as difficult as it’s cracked up to be! In honor of Earth Day (coming up on Friday, April 22nd), here are some simple things that you can do to show our glorious planet some love. 

1.     Turn off the lights 

Easy things like shutting off the lights or turning off technology when we don’t need them can make a huge difference.

2.     Turn off the water when you’re brushing your teeth

This is a simple, yet effective, way to conserve water. Being conscious in general about water conservation (showering, washing dishes, laundry etc.) is also fantastic.

3.     Meatless Mondays

This revolution has taken the world by storm. Reducing meat consumption is truly one of the best possible things you can do to help the environment. Aside from dramatically decreasing water usage, greenhouse gases, and fuel dependence, it’s also great for your health. 

4.     Recycle

Guys, at this point recycling bins are everywhere (especially on campus). Let’s do our best to actually use these blue bins and reduce the amount of garbage we acquire.

5.     Only use paper and plastic cutlery when necessary

Rather than using paper plates or plastic silverware, opt for reusable dishes.

6.     Print double-sided papers

7.     Use reusable bags and water bottles

#HappyEarthDay! 

Becca is a health-enthusiast, writer, and college student. She is originally from South Florida and is currently studying at Brandeis University. She also blogs for Huffington Post, enjoys running + yoga, and lives for the beach.